Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Streets Operator - Winter Seasonal
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
The Town of Breckenridge Public Works Department is seeking dedicated and customer service oriented individual(s) for the position of Streets Operator (Winter Seasonal). Primary duties include operating heavy equipment and plow trucks for snow and ice removal of streets, alleys, bridges, and rights-of-way. Additionally, the incumbent may perform drainage construction repair, street signage, and specific infrastructure projects as needed for the Town of Breckenridge.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be able to work a week that may include swings and/or nights. Some on-call may be required.
- Must be available and able to work through the winter seasonal period established by the Street Division, which generally extends through mid-April 2020. All interested applicants must be available to work through this date, although all work schedules, hours and dates of work are at the discretion of the Town and may be altered at any time.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING
- Successful applicants must be able to perform physical, demanding work, and are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen; have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers, a background check and reference check.
- The incumbent may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing requirements. This position is considered safety sensitive (per DOT regulations), and operates Federal Motor Carrier vehicles on public rights-of-way as a regular function of his/her daily job duties.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Qualified applicants will have a CDL Class A or B, although the Streets department may consider training qualified applicants for CDL. If selected for training, employment is contingent upon obtaining a CDL within 60 days of hire.
- One year of experience in street maintenance or related heavy equipment experience.
- Proven ability to operate a wide variety of heavy and light trucks, and specialized power equipment. Heavy equipment may include but is not limited to: front end loaders, single axle plow trucks, tandem axle haul trucks and street sweepers.
- Applicants should be able to work well as a member of a team and be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
- Additional Information
Must be able to work a week that may include swings and/or nights. Some on-call may be required. Must be available and able to work through the winter seasonal period established by the Street Division, which generally extends from November 1st, 2019 through mid-April 2020. All interested applicants must be available to work through this date, although all work schedules, hours and dates of work are at the discretion of the Town and may be altered at any time.
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Potential Housing Available
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.