Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
- The Town of Breckenridge Recreation Department is seeking a dedicated and customer service oriented individual for the position of Tennis Instructor (Recreation Specialist II). This position is responsible for the design, instruction, and oversight of programs and services, and/or the leadership and oversight of Recreation Attendants/Recreation Specialist I's. This involves maintaining knowledge of specific methodologies or practices for appropriate participant/employee education and utilizing appropriate techniques and progressions in order to ensure a quality product. Rec. Specialist II's have a combination of knowledge, skills, experience, training, education, certification, or licensure in order to teach skills and provide an appropriate level of leadership.
Individuals in this position are responsible for instructing tennis to youth and adults of varying skill levels and abilities in group, semi-private and/or private lessons at the Breckenridge Recreation Center. Skill instruction may include overheads, volleys, ground strokes and serves. Individuals must demonstrate proficient tennis playing skills and have knowledge of US Professional Tennis Association techniques and skills and an understanding of the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP). The incumbent must be able to coordinate semi and private lesson days/times with students and communicate with various ages and abilities. Individuals will also be responsible for racket stringing, tracking student progress during each class session, recording information and clearly communicating with participants and parents. Key responsibilities include instructing students in a responsible, service-oriented manner that supports a culture of safety, where an emphasis on safety and applicable risk management techniques are taught.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions & duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have received a HS diploma or GED
- Must possess/demonstrate tennis skill of National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) of 4.0 or higher
- Must have one (1) or more years of customer service experience
- Must have four (4) or more years of competitive tennis playing experience
- To qualify for this position the candidate or employee must pass a criminal background check as described in the Recreation Department Criminal History Background Check & Confidentiality Policy.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications are required within 60 days of hire.
- One (1) or more years of tennis instructional experience with youth and/or adults
- One (1) or more years of customer service experience involving youth participants and communications with their parents or guardians
- Possess/Demonstrate tennis skill of National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) of 4.5 or higher
- Possess a US Tennis Association / Association of Tennis Professional Ranking
- Experience coaching a high school or college team and/or a professional tennis player
- US Professional Tennis Association Teaching Certification (Examples: USPTA Recreational Coach, Professional, Elite Professional, Master Professional, Cardio Instructor, High Performance Coach and/or USPTR Associate Instructor, Instructor, Professional, Master of Tennis)
- One (1) or more years tennis racket stringing experience
- Additional Information
Because the Town's Recreation Department positions may involve direct contact with children, the Town requires that the incumbent in this position must have a clear criminal history that bears on his or her fitness to have responsibility for the safety and well-being of children.
Individuals in this position must be flexible in terms of availability; and may on occasion be required to work other shifts as needed, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Potential Housing Available
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.