Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Safety Instructor
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
- The Town of Breckenridge Recreation Department is seeking a dedicated and customer service oriented individual for the position of Water Safety Instructor (Recreation Specialist I). This position is responsible for assisting in the creation & implementation of various programs and services to guests of the Recreation Department. Primary responsibilities include the design, development and/or creation of programs or services, and instruction of skills related to the various programs or services. Implementation of programs and services involves setting up and preparing assigned facility space and equipment, performing light maintenance duties, registration, handling cash, interfacing with participants, coaching, instructing, officiating, scheduling, enforcing department policies and procedures, ensuring safety, and collecting evaluations and patron feedback.
Individuals in this position are responsible for effective instruction of assigned aquatics/swim classes, lessons and programs. The incumbent must provide a positive, safe and enjoyable environment for participants. They promote a positive professional image by providing aquatics technical/program direction and guidance to guests through leadership, judgment and effective use of aquatic technical skills and resources.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions & duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- To qualify for this position the candidate or employee must pass a criminal background check as described in the Recreation Department Criminal History Background Check & Confidentiality Policy.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications are required.
- Current American Red Cross WSI Cert. (or equivalent) or expired less than 1 yr.
- One (1) or more years of aquatics instructional experience.
- One (1) or more years of customer service experience.
- American Red Cross WSI Instructor Trainer or equivalent.
- Additional Information
Because the Town's Recreation Department positions may involve direct contact with children, the Town requires that the incumbent in this position must have a clear criminal history that bears on his or her fitness to have responsibility for the safety and well-being of children.
Primary shifts for this position include varying evening shifts beginning at approximately 4:30pm and Saturday mornings. Individuals in this position must be flexible in terms of availability; and may on occasion be required to work other shifts as needed, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified candidates must attached their current (or expired less than 1 year ago) American Red Cross WSI Certification (or equivalent) along with their online application.
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Potential Housing Available
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.