Town of Frisco (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camp Youth Attendant/Part-time
at Town of Frisco (CO)
- Job Description
Responsible for teaching, leading, and participating in daily activities with youth enrolled in the camp programs. Assists with the design and planning of programs or activities, and implementing such programs or activities with camp participants. Youth Attendant are also responsible for delivering exceptional guest service for the Recreation and Culture Department.
· Responsible for the supervision, well-being, safety and care of children and youth attending Recreation and Culture Department programs.
· Creates a fun and energetic environment for the campers on a daily basis.
· Leads program activities, organizes play and structured classes, and ensures children and youth are engaged and fully participating.
· Interacts with guests, parents, and participants in a positive and professional manner, utilizing exceptional guest service standards.
· Maintains professional attitudes and relationships with parents, participants, and co-workers.
· Works in a team-based environment supporting the Recreation and Culture Department, the Town of Frisco, the initiatives of the Director and Manager, and other recreation youth attendants.
· Effectively disseminates information using effective written and oral communication techniques to parents about the program, schedules, and any issues that may arise throughout the day.
· Safely transports participants utilizing vans, buses, or public transportation as needed. Recreation Youth Attendant will be trained on driving 15-passenger vans prior to transporting any participants.
· Ensures that facilities are clean, well-maintained, safe and presentable to customers and participants throughout daily operations.
· Adheres to Town of Frisco, Recreation and Cultural Department, and camp rules and regulations including proper attire, safety procedures, and overall professionalism.
· Ability to function and makes good decisions regarding participant safety in the absence of a supervisor.
· Participates in safety training and responds to emergencies in an appropriate manner. Complete accident/incident reports as required.
· Communicates in a timely and professional manner with citizens, visitors, and Town of Frisco staff.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
· Must have a suitable level of high school education or bachelor's degree in child development or related field- preferred
· Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Word and Outlook experience preferred
Licenses, Certifications or Accreditations:
· Valid Colorado Driver's license is required. Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a 15 passenger van
· Community CPR/AED and First Aid, and PDT is required within the first 60 days of hire
Previous Work Experience:
· 1 year working with youth, preferably leading youth ages 5-12
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Additional Information
Up to 10 Pounds 2/3 OR MORE
Up to 25 Pounds 1/3 to 2/3
Up to 50 Pounds UP TO 1/3
Up to 100 Pounds NONE
More than 100 Pounds NONE
OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Standing 2/3 OR MORE
Walking 2/3 OR MORE
Sitting UP TO 1/3
Using hands to finger, hands to feel 2/3 OR MORE
Reaching with hands and arms 2/3 OR MORE
Climb or balance 2/3 OR MORE
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 2/3 OR MORE
Talk or hear 2/3 OR MORE
Taste or smell UP TO 1/3
OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIREMENTS OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor and outdoor with the ability to work in all weather conditions.Hazardous Materials or Noise: Exposure to loud noises with a large group of children
Equipment Used in Job:
A variety of gym equipment, arts and crafts. Driving a 15 passenger van, mini-bus or other vehicle to transport program participantsOther: Experience working in compliance with Colorado State Licensing for school aged children