Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Actuary (Level 3)
Job FamilyGeneral Actuarial
Job Description SummaryThe people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work
Do you want to learn processes of multiple actuarial functions within an organization? Do you want to coordinate, prepare, and perform actuarial analyses? Are you interested in contributing to the development, support and growth of profitable life insurance sales?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As an Associate Actuary you will directs and provide leadership in the design, pricing, and implementation of insurance products. You may oversee a small team within actuarial modeling, risk management, valuation or other actuarial department. In addition you will develop actuarial assumptions to use in pricing, reserving or actuarial modeling, including experience studies in support of assumptions.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales, persistency and mortality or morbidity experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts, commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product development.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Preferred Qualifications: programming skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.