Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intermediate Risk Analyst
Job FamilyRisk Management (Finance/Product)
Job Description SummaryAre you interested in financial services and have a quantitative background? Do you have Significant knowledge and hands on experience with insurance products? Do you have experience interpreting, preparing and presenting key actuarial information?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As an Intermediate Risk Analyst you will bring a strong business acumen to support the Market Consistent Reporting team within the Accumulation & Retirement Products Actuarial Function. You will support the actuarial function within the Accumulation and Retirement product group is responsible for the financial reporting on all of Transamerica’s institutional and retail wealth management products.
What You Will Learn:
You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on the Employee Experience and how this enables us to engage with the vital talent we need to transform and grow our business and maintain Transamerica reputation as an industry leader.
What Success Looks Like:
- The individual will partner with his or her colleagues and management on the actuarial team to ensure appropriate modeling and reporting of our products, the actuarial model development team to ensure appropriate updates to all of our models, the ALM reporting group to appropriately reflect our hedging and risk management strategies on our balance sheet and income statement, the ALM strategy group to ensure appropriate understanding of our economic risk positions for risk strategy development, and with our Group Risk function to ensure appropriate and consistent reporting of net risk positions to our Chief Actuary, CFO, Corporate Risk, and business leadership.
- Interpret, prepare and present key actuarial information to advise Senior Management to make properly informed decisions.
- Typically a management role guiding the work of other actuaries or doing the most complex technical actuarial tasks requiring significant knowledge and experience.
- Interpret and explain actuarial and financial information.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding technical actuarial issues such as pricing rates, modeling methodology, reserving principles and related matters.
- Drive key projects to completion by providing leadership and direction to individuals both inside and outside the organization. Generally, leads several key recurring projects throughout the year.
- Lead the development of actuarial talent within the organization.
What You Need:
- Requires an advanced degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, related science field, finance, or related business field OR Bachelor’s Degree plus FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation OR Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of experience.
- Candidates without a designation should be making progress towards an FSA, ASA, FRM, CFA or similar designation.
- Must possess good understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of Risk Neutral valuation/price theory and a strong understanding of the models underneath (preferred).
- An understanding of and experience with derivatives and/or asset management is a strong plus.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.