Tribune Media Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Graphic Design
at Tribune Media Company
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- James Thomas
- Marketing/Creative Services
FOX31/KWGN2 in Denver seek a Graphic Design Manager to bring innovative ideas and insights to our news content, marketing messages and digital/social platforms. You will be a working creative contributor and manager for a graphics team that delivers consumer-centric design solutions for television, digital, social media, print/promotional items and related brand-focused elements.
- The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated leader who can adapt to changing needs in a breaking news environment. You are a fast learner, tech-savvy, team player who can keep our visual messaging tight and consistent across all platforms. This position requires a person who can prioritize projects, develop storytelling graphic elements and guide others to reach their full potential. You will need to think strategically and deliver graphics that meet the organization’s goals for creativity and effective communication.
- Conceive, manage and execute consistent, relevant graphics for newscasts, marketing and station projects that involve our brands
- Collaborate with producers, managers and content creators to design and produce graphics elements for content across all platforms
- Regularly innovate storytelling through graphics in news content, studio presentations, OTT, online and other platforms
- Work alongside the marketing team to create clear, brand-focused and consistent work with the purpose and goal of raising ratings, driving web traffic and increasing brand awareness
- Provide thought leadership and execution for the look, feel and design of our digital and social media messages
- Actively contribute content ideas to the marketing team’s daily social media and digital messaging
- Invest your time, energy and knowledge to develop graphic artists’ skills and contributions to maximize our success through our people
- Manage the team of designers by setting priorities and organizing work to meet strategic goals
- Experience working for local television station, preferably as art director, graphics design manager or senior graphics artist
- Minimum of 4+ years of graphic design experience in a local television station/digital company*
- Background/knowledge and ability to demonstrate the use of broadcast graphic design systems, news content graphics systems, image management and brand-focused work
- Skilled using the latest Adobe Creative Suite
- Preference given to those who have graduated from four-year university or accredited graduate program