Trinidad School District Number 1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Education Teacher-Trinidad High School
at Trinidad School District Number 1
- Colorado Teaching Certificate, license or other legal credential required.
- Degree(s) required in area of major study.
- Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and
Building Principal or person designated by the Superintendent or the Board of Education.
- Help students learn subject matter and social skills that will contribute to their development as
a mature, able and responsible person in society.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the location and the times designated of study.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity
and interest of each student.
- Prepare for classes assigned and shows written evidence of plans upon request of immediate
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide and participate with the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and communicates these objectives
to the students.
- Offer a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the location
provided and the needs and capabilities of each individual or group of students.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action School District #1’s philosophy of education and
instructional goals and objectives.
- Assess accomplishments of each student on a regular basis and provides progress reports and interventions as required.
- Assess learning abilities and concerns of each student on a regular basis and seek assistance of
School District #1 specialists as required.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, School District #1
policy and administration regulations.
- Assist administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and
conduct. Develop reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedures while maintaining
order in the classroom in a fair, non-bias and just manner respecting culture and diversity.
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes
outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals and or volunteers and
cooperate with department head regarding their job performance evaluations.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence within Trinidad School District #1.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Teachers will abide by a dress code which demonstrates professionalism with students, parents
and other staff members.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
Monday, April 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)