United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance, the Scheduling Coordinator for the Operating Room is responsible for the scheduling of surgical procedures and general clerical work within the Department. This is a high profile position that is key to the success of the surgery center. Candidate will enjoy positive interaction with both, physician offices and the clinical staff. Cross training for other Business Office positions a possibility.
Job Summary: Plans and schedules for surgical and related appointments for doctors. Manages certain functions related to Credentialing of professional staff members for the facility by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Scheduling:
- Maintains master schedule to ensure coordination between doctors, anesthesia, lab and insurance carriers.
- Schedule surgeries, coordinates schedule between Surgery Center and doctor''s offices.
- Gathers all detailed information for the patient''s chart, such as type of procedure, supplies, special equipment required, insurance information, etc. Enters all patient information in computer system.
- Schedules all surgical anesthesia services required according to doctor preference and availability.
- Assures that pre-certification/referrals are in order for Insurance Coordinator.
- Completes billing packets for CSO on a daily basis.
- Confers with OR Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and /or Administrator to determine status of scheduled surgeries. Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Works closely with the Administrator and CSO Credentialing person when maintaining approved privileges for each physician or as documents are updated, etc.
- Provides relief for the front business office, Receptionist and all other business functions, as needed.
- Crossed trained to fill in and effectively perform all other job descriptions
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patient/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Initiates safe practices and is knowledgeable about current center policies and procedures. Specific procedures and practices related to pain management, abuse and neglect, sentinel events and response, variance reporting, response to sentinel event alerts, participation in root cause analysis and other key policies and procedures is required.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance participate in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment safety guidelines and is personally responsible for knowledgeable use and care for all business equipment.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:High School education and/or equivalent; up to one year of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Within the first 90 days of employment and annual thereafter, must complete EDGE training and be able to recite program objectives, key requirement, process steps and goals as outline below.