Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant - Grand Junction, CO - $2500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
at UnitedHealth Group
Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). As part of the UnitedHealthcare family of plans, RMHP provides innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. RMHP is continually striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play – because we're Colorado, too.
Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, provides quality and safe delivery of physical therapy to clients in their home. Works in collaboration with home health patients, other medical professionals and staff to coordinate and/or provide home health care services that reflect the home health care agency philosophy and standards of care. Utilize established professional network and reputation to market home health services to providers.
- Implement a plan of care based on the Physical Therapist's assessment. Provide direct patient-care, evaluate functional needs and outcomes, and consult with the Physical Therapist and other specialists as needed. Adjust care plan as the Physical Therapist reassess patient's functional needs to ensure optimal patient outcome
- Respect confidentiality and maintain confidences as described in the Confidentiality Security Agreement that is signed by all employees. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a critical and essential component of this position
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, administer physical therapy treatments utilizing the application of physical modalities and procedures in accordance with the physician's prescription to home health patients
- Administer prescribed treatment in various phases of therapeutic exercise including passive, active and resistive exercise, mobilization, muscle re-education, gait training, including instruction in the use of assistive devices
- Conduct therapy practice within defined standards of care. Maintain established department policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Maintain patients' medical records and prepare reports. Document multidisciplinary plans, action, outcomes, and treatment goals
- Communicate effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive patient outcomes. Promote and contribute to a progressive, problem-solving environment. Foster positive working relationships among other medical professionals and staff
- Assists in the marketing of the home health care department to providers and members and provides increased credibility with the medical community to increase referrals
- This position requires travel. Requires independent, reliable, flexible, and on-demand, transportation at the incumbent's expense for travel between various locations and timely arrival and departure from various locations. If the employee chooses to satisfy this requirement by driving a vehicle, the employee must meet the requirements for Colorado licensure and company requirements for liability insurance coverage
- Requires Associates degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited physical therapist assistant program, or the combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- 2 years related progressive experience
- Registered or certified by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
- Reliable transportation to travel to appointments within the Mesa County area
- Must be able to document in an electronic system
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks that involve moving patients, pushing and pulling equipment, crouching and lifting to perform patient care
- Ability to work in home settings that include varying physical, social, and cultural environments
- Prefer a current unrestricted license to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the State of CO
Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). For more than 225,000 members of our unique, physician-founded health care organization, we provide innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. As a part of Optum, the fastest growing part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've enhanced our offerings through sophisticated tools and technologies, superior customer service and a commitment to striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play – because we're Colorado, too. From a career perspective you couldn't do better. We're all about quality and making a difference. And can make our opportunities your opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physical Therapist Assistant, Home Health, DORA, Mesa County, Grand Junction, Colorado, CO