University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bionformatics Data Analyst I-KabosLab
at University of Colorado Boulder
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
- Applying bioinformatics tools to solve biologically relevant problems
- Implementing and if needed developing computational web-based tools
- Writing peer-reviewed manuscripts
- Managing the data server
- Strong computer programming (e.g. python/perl, C/C , Java, Matlab/R) skills
- Strong database skills (e.g. Oracle, MySQL)
- Strong CGI-programming skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively is essential.
- Ability to develop new techniques and methods through literature searches and work effectively to assure rapid research progress.
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Background in cancer research is beneficial, but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university a BS/BA degree required in relevant sciences field such as computationalbiology, bioinformatics or a related discipline (computer science, statistics,biology, physics, or mathematics).
- Strong ability to quickly adapt to new challenges, willingness to learn, attention to detail and ability to communicate with users and generate figures.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills, organizational and computer competency skills (MS Office), internet for official University of Colorado business use.
- The self-motivated and reliable candidate ideally will have significant bench research experience:
- Highly valued prior research experience working with bioinformatics, data mining, machine learning, protein structure and/or chemical structure is preferred.
- Preferably demonstrated scientific writing skills as outlined by previous successes in publishing peer-reviewed papers.
- Knowledge of python programming language is preferred.
- Experience withCGI-programming and Python is a plus. Experience in next-generation sequencingand microarray gene expression analyses (as evidenced by publications inpeer-viewed journals) is a significant plus.
- Prefer finalist that is team-oriented, flexible, ability to work both independently and within a team environment as well as work effectively with time-sensitive data to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience preferred with ability to handle and process detail-oriented documentation and meet designated research deadlines.
- Successful work experience with research databases is desired.
- Demonstratedsuccessful planning and management skills in behavioral research and/orresearch projects.