University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Center for COMBAT Research Program Manager
at University of Colorado Boulder
Universityof Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Schoolof Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine
Centerfor COMBAT Research Program Manager (Research Services Program Manager)
Position#756021 – Requisition 15098
The University ofColorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstratedcommitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectivelywith students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
TheDepartment of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, UniversityStaff (unclassified) Center for COMBAT Research Program Manager (ResearchServices Program Manager) position.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutionsnationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus,designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts theCollege of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, andPublic Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and twohospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciencesresearch park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of ColoradoAnschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for the Program Manager of thenewly developed Center for COMBAT (COMbat Medicine and BATtlefield) Research.This full-time, University Staff position is responsible for managing allday-to-day operations of the Center for COMBAT Research. This includesproviding project management, financial administration, grant management andleadership support to the Center for COMBAT Research at the University ofColorado Anschutz Medical Campus. In addition, this position will participatein peer-to-peer communication, presentations and other outreach mediums asneeded. The Center for COMBAT Research is administratively within theDepartment of Emergency Medicine and involves close collaboration with theDepartments of Surgery and Anesthesiology. The Center for COMBAT Researchprovides expert consultation for physicians, surgeons, basic scientists,clinical investigators, professional research staff, and academic and militaryleaders, in addition to medical professionals with experience and expertise intrauma, military medicine, critical care, and emergency medicine. It is focusedon creating and executing acute care research to fulfill the needs of the USMilitary to include solutions in combat casualty care, critical and emergencycare, surgical trauma, and acute mental health needs (e.g. suicide and substanceabuse).
- Manage and oversee project implementation to achieve center and project specific goals while controlling risks, conflicts, timelines and costs.
- Be responsible for management of all pre-award activities related to Center for COMBAT Research, in collaboration with the Department of Defense program officials and grant administrators from the Departments of Emergency Medicine, Surgery, and Anesthesiology.
- Ensure budget projections accurately reflect the activities of the Center for COMBAT Research and prepare budget/reporting tools for internal and external constituents.
- Develop strategy with Director for Outreach to increase the visibility of the Center for COMBAT Research among the military, academic, business, philanthropy, and veteran communities.
- Assist Principal Investigators (PIs) with scientific grant/contract preparation, budgeting submission, and research project management and periodic scientific and programmatic reports.
- Conduct needs assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and sustainment of change to meet objectives.
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership to provide end-to-end management of key developments.
- Develop project plans for new projects and convey ideas to military partners. This includes defining the problem/opportunity and the scope, objectives, deliverables, risks, strategies, timeline, budget, resources required, project team requirements, tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Center for COMBAT Research.
- Build strong personal relationships to advance partnerships.
- Communicate to key stakeholders and other cross-functional team members from the University of Colorado School of Medicine by conveying project status.
- Interface with various systems as needed.
- Provide assistance in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures, as needed.
- Direct activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, vision, values and objectives of the Center for COMBAT Research
- Provide data and financial analysis needed for operational, management and strategic decisions.
- Partner with veteran-service organizations, various military branches and other local and national partners.
- Assist with marketing, social media, basic IT tasks of creating/managing a website, and online log for projects, reports, and accomplishments.
This description is asummary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it isnot intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change fromtime to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add ordelete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/orhiring authority.
PLEASENOTE:Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interviewprocess and any relocation expenses, if applicable
The hiring salary forthis position is negotiable and commemorate with skills and experience. This positionis not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond thenumber on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safeand secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assistin achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for allprospective employees.
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, business, communications, accounting, finance, social sciences, marketing or other closely related field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years of experience managing projects in an academic, health care, military and/or business-related environment.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for activities in an academic, healthcare, military, or directly related area.
Substitution: Acombination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience maybe substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not forthe specific experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of state approximately 10% annually.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience and managing projects.
- Three or more years in basic and clinical research.
- Master's degree, PhD, and/or clinical background (e.g., nursing, respiratory therapy, paramedic).
- Military background (healthcare or research) strongly preferred, ideally with combat deployments.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Present and maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor/disposition while working with internal and external stakeholders in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and get back on task after interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to organize and follow through on multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Ability to lead meetings with senior administrative, academic, scientific, and military leaders and build strong personal relationships to advance partnerships with basic and clinical scientists
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with diversified internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively via phone, email, and in person.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to take direction and use independent judgment to meet multiple deadlines.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants withdisabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to theAmericans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of Equity by emailat firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (303) 315-2567.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committedto recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicatedto ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students andvisitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1.A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications2.A current CV/resume3.List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)Questions should be directed to Olawunmi Ogunwo at Olawunmi.Ogunwo@ucdenver.edu.