University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Colorado Boulder
Universityof Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
CUInnovations (Technology Transfer Office)
LicensingAssociate (2 openings)
Position#739567 – Requisition 14924
CU Innovations has an opening fora two full-time University Staff(unclassified) Licensing Associate positions.
The University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research universityserving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year,including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Coloradoinstitution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty andrenowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programsthrough 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $500 million inresearch awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-relatedprograms and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significantnumber of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver,our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America's mostvibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center forPerforming Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staffaccess to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational andcultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and lifesciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences centerin Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora,Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilitiesin the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the healthsciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinicalcare all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fieldsallows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient'sbedside. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
CUInnovations is working with researchers and clinicians to discover newtreatment options, medical devices and technology to improve the lives andoutcomes of patients. CU Innovations works directly with researchers at theUniversity of Colorado, and staff at Children's Hospital Colorado tocommercialize their innovations. It is our mission to enable commercializationthrough the best route for a given technology, and ensure that technologies canbenefit patients.
TheLicensing Associate manages a portfolio of pharmaceutical and medical devicerelated intellectual property.
- The Licensing Associate's primary function is the management of a portfolio of university intellectual property in the life sciences disciplines. Portfolio management includes understanding and assessing the intellectual assets in a faculty member's lab, whether patentable or not, encouraging disclosure of new ideas, inventions and other intellectual assets to TTO; assessing new inventions for technical merit, patentability, and commercial feasibility; overseeing the filing and prosecution of patent applications where appropriate; and identifying and communicating with potential licensees and marketing technologies to industry. Importantly, the Licensing Associate must have the confidence and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with senior, high-level faculty and licensing staff at other institutions and in the business community.
- In addition, Licensing Associates organize educational programs for faculty, inventors, and entrepreneurs and serve as liasons to the business community. They provide information and advice to investigators, students, and other campus staff on matters involving intellectual property policies, procedures and decisions; confer with campus administrative staff and investigators on intellectual property protection and licensing; coordinate procedures to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, laws, university and state policies, and all contractual obligations.
- The ability to use a variety of communications and computer database tools to track and convey issues and decisions about invention disclosures, patent applications, patent prosecution, patent issuance and maintenance, and all contractual agreements and financial arrangements related to a particular technology is a must. Licensing staff assist with the daily operations of the Campus and CU Innovations Office.
The salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information onUniversity benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the numberon your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, healthplans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disabilityaccommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | AnschutzMedical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse studentbody, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote aculture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | AnschutzMedical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for ourfaculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Abachelor's degree in biological or chemical sciences or a directly relatedfield from an accredited institution
- 2 years of professional level experience in arelated field
- Agraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education inbiological or chemical sciences.
- Atleast two years professional experience in the area of technology transfer orpatents and/or licensing including the development, preparation, negotiation,review, and execution of a wide range of business contracts.
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at alllevels throughout the institution.
- Outstandingcustomer service skills.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kristin Pena at Kristin.Pena@ucdenver.edu