University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professional Research Assistant
at University of Colorado Boulder
Universityof Colorado – School of Medicine
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals withdemonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and workingenvironment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students,faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Independently manages and maintains multiple colonies of transgenic mice through selective breeding, genotyping, health checks, and keeping animal inventory records.
- Performs independently behavioral assays and surgeries, including stereotactic injections of drug compounds and viral vectors in mice.
- Perfuses and processes brain tissue for various downstream analyses.
- Responsible for tissue sectioning, immunostaining, microscopy, Western blotting, RNA isolation and related methods.
- Prepares primary tissue cultures, especially primary glial and neuronal cultures, as well as recombinant cells.
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and departments: IBC, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) and IACUC; assists in amendments and renewals of animal use and lab safety protocols.
- Keeps clear, accurate and up-to-date records of work performed.
- Attends departmental seminars and group meetings.
- Ensures that projects are executed successfully and completed within appropriate time frames to meet research goals and deadlines.
- Preforms ordering of supplies and animals for the lab
In molecular techniques, as well as in handling mouse colonies and cell cultures
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on yourpaycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans andretirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disabilityaccommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz MedicalCampus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a cultureof inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.