University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Business Services Professional)
at University of Colorado Boulder
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine,Department of Pediatrics
Sectionof Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation
Hemophilia& Thrombosis Center
Quality ImprovementCoordinator (Business Services Professional)
Position #753125– CUCareers Requisition #14781
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver |Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including moregraduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With oursolid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, weoffer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools andcolleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilitiesoffered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduateand graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campusin the heart of downtown Denver—one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CUDenver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDoDistrict affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array ofacademic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutionsnationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus,designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts theCollege of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, andPublic Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and twohospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciencesresearch park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences,CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center inColorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo.,it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in theworld. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciencesworkforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care allin one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fieldsallows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient'sbedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diversestudent body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives topromote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics,Section of Hematology, Oncology, and BMT,Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) QualityImprovement Coordinator, Business Services Professional (Intermediate)position.
Nature of Work: The Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator is theprimary contact for all Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center (HTC) staff membersparticipating in quality improvement activities and Effective ClinicalManagement (ECM) teams. Under the supervision and direction of senior staff andfaculty members this position will assist with oversight of QI and optimizationof all missions within the HTC, his/her main responsibility is the support of ongoingimprovement in the delivery of clinical care, research, and education. This position will provide support to QI/ECMproject teams to ensure timeliness and effectiveness in data collection andcompletion of projects. Utilizing QI methods, he/she will work on QI projectdesign, program objectives, training, education, outreach, and administrativestructure, lead team meetings, and lead/participate in QI efforts at thecenter.
All duties will be under the supervision and direction of seniorstaff and faculty members and will include assisting in the following areas:
- Collaborateon research design, program objectives, training, education, outreach, and administrativestructure.
- Leadand participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Directthe implementation of quality improvement project work, including facilitation,consultation, coaching, and education and reporting within the department.
- Coordinatedata for Quality Improvement activities and Effective Clinical Management (ECM)teams.
- Utilizeperformance improvement methodologies in vital improvement initiatives thatreduce operational and clinical risk and improve efficiency and effectivenessin operations and clinical activities.
- Collaboratewith clinical departmental and interdisciplinary QI/ECM core teams toestablish, measure, and report QI and performance priorities.
- Identifyproblems, create, and implement policies to ensure understanding of the programin collaboration with other administrative leadership.
- LeadQI Staff Development and Education
- Directcurriculum and program improvements through Quality and Performance Improvementactivities, which may extend to programs outside of the clinical space
- Designand lead improvement initiatives commissioned by leadership using performanceimprovement methodologies, project management, and change management tools andexpertise.
- Establishplans and procedures including standard work and daily management systems toassure that improvements are realized and sustained.
- Serveas an expert consultant and advisor in performance improvement methodologies;determine the appropriate improvement model to use for identified performanceimprovement projects.
- Helpbuild internal capability by coaching others to conduct their own assessmentsand improvement events.
- Attend,participate, and lead professional meetings and committees: remain current innew trends and innovations via education and specific trainings.
- Prepareand present reports and presentations for teams, leadership, committeeslocally, regionally, and nationally.
- Oversee,foster, and support the effectiveness of Quality Improvement Teams byidentifying, planning, and executing quality improvement activities.
- Incollaboration with the Data Manager, design, develop, and test queries andprograms for collecting data using knowledge of spreadsheets and databasesoftware programs.
- Collaboratewith HTC leadership on the development of other improvement opportunities.
- Otherduties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE:Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interviewprocess and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
The salary range for this position has been established at $48,000 -$52,900 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligiblefor overtime compensation.
- Bachelor's Degree inPublic Health, Health Education/Promotion, Epidemiology, project management or a related field.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in quality improvementwhich included experience with project management and/or Project ManagementProfessional (PMP) certification.
Substitution:A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experiencemay be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but notfor specific experience.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminalbackground check
- Travel may be required to attend regional or national meetings (approximately 0-4 times a year).
- Master of Public Health (MPH) or other relatedadvanced degree strongly preferred
- Experiencein quality improvement within a medical practice
- Experienceworking with an electronic medical record, preferably the EPIC system
- Advancedknowledge of the Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,and Outlook
- Basicunderstanding of statistical and data analysis
- Trainingor certification in one or more Quality Improvement programs (LEAN, TheDartmouth Institute Microsystems Academy, or similar program)
Competencies(Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at alllevels throughout the institution.
- Outstandingcustomer service skills.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1.A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications2.A current CV/resume3.List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Angela Blue at email@example.com