University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shuttle Bus Driver
at University of Colorado Boulder
TheUniversityof Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in theUniversity of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in thestate and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universitiesby U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K ) is situated atthe base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities andwas recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Placesto Live in the U.S. http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This is a part-time, as-needed position, and is noteligible to receive any of the benefits normally provided to members of theuniversity staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs.
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with established goals of the University of Colorado, through service in the following area: Transportation Services. Provide daily shuttle services for students to and from far parking lots, provide bus services to departments having a need to transport students.faculty/staff to locations not contiguous to the UCCS property.
Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
Fuel buses when required.
Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
Use good judgment when the need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
Position is part-time, time off coincides with semester breaks.
There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
Drivers are scheduled from 06:30 am – 11:00 p.m. for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
Drug Free Workplace.
Pre-Employment drug test
- Engagement with campuscommunity regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background.
- Ability to understandand follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to performassigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Apply related federal,state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Customer serviceconcepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Techniques forproviding excellent service to all customers
- Be able to safely operate 32 foot or longer buses over 25,000 lbs. GVWR
- Drive in a legal and safe manner at all times.
- Provide minor vehicle maintenance such as replacing tail lamps.
- Office duties such as filing paperwork or computer data entry.
- Maintain a current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card.
- Maintain a CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restriction.
- Candidate may be subject to perform a drivingexercise in the UCCS bus.
•If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.