University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Abuse Counselor
at University of Colorado Boulder
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15204
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Education - Support Staff
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience appropriate to the assignment
- Must presently be certified as a Certified Addiction Counselor Level II in the State of Colorado.
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check . Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- Individuals in recovery from substance abuse must have one year abstinence from alcohol and drug problems.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) , ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail , lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility , or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C . § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion , or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information , shall be grounds for termination
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver'sLicense or be able to obtain a valid State of Colorado driver's license within30 days of hire
PLEASE NOTE:Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interviewprocess and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience working in a substanceabuse treatment environment with a focus on women's issues (i.e. trauma ; domestic violence; mental healthtreatment; parenting and child development ;barriers women experience in treatment such aschildcare, employment, finding a job that pays enough to support theirfamily ; etc .)
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies and procedures
- Experience observing, monitoringand/or intervening in drug/alcohol treatment
- Experience providing group and individualizedclinical care for adult clients
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at alllevels throughout the institution.
- Outstandingcustomer service skills.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficientin Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experienceusing an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to establish boundaries withclients
- Ability to manage difficult behaviors
- Ability to track client progressthrough the development and updates of treatment plans
- Ability to deliver individual andgroup counseling services
- Ability to apply ethical guidelinesof profession
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs,values, and culture
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Copy of diploma, certificate, or transcripts, or be able to provide a copy at time of hire. Questions should be directed to Sharon Hawkins at Sharon.Hawkins@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.