University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Nurse Manager - Cardiac ICU - Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
at University Of Colorado Hospital
University of Colo Hospital
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
1st Shift - Days
Five 8 hour shifts
- Bachelors degree nursing is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on theindividuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve theextraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as ateam deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for ourpatients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give peoplethe freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than ajob, it's a passion.
Assists the NurseManager in providing leadership at the department/unit level to enhance patientsafety and optimize quality patient outcomes. Assumes delegated responsibilityfor oversight of unit operations and professional practice standards.
· Assists the Nurse Manager with the evaluation of staff. Assists in the development, implementationand evaluation of standards of care for the unit and the patient population.Participates in providing and monitoring staff competencies..
· Actively coaches and develops staff, serving asa role model for staff by demonstrating effective communication skills andproblem-solving techniques and in providing direct patient care. Collaborates with the CNS/Educator to meetthe educational needs of the unit(s) to maintain continuity of care related tospecific patient care requirements.
· Assists with managing the provision of adequateresources including the equitable distribution of work and matching of assignedprovider competency to patient needs. Facilitates processes to improve patient throughput throughout theorganization.
· Works with the Nurse Manager to identify andresolve operational, budgetary, patient, and personnel issues. Participates inthe development, implementation and evaluation of patient care protocols, guidelinesand strategic initiatives.
- Bachelors in Nursing.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- 3 years of experience in related clinical areas.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· Master'sdegree in nursing.
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associatedwith this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma,degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time,please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance oftalent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking forindividuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changingand are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so thateach of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningfulcareer. There's no limits to your potential here.