University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Account Specialist Professional Billing - UCHlth Professional Billing
at University Of Colorado Hospital
UCHlth Professional Billing
1st Shift - Days
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Recent experience in the specialty area is required
Healthcare Account Specialist, Professional Billing
This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), Hourly, Days position on UCHealth's Professional Billing team based in Loveland, CO. Prepares, reviews, and submits patient account billing.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Prepares bills in the paper and/or electronic format designated by departmental and payor guidelines. Transmits bills to appropriate third party payors and responsible parties.
· Reviews bills for accuracy, including proper diagnosis and procedure codes. Reviews bill rejections and issues. Collaborates internally and with payors to resolve billing issues. Responds to patient billing inquiries.
· Documents billing activities in patient account records. Maintains documentation of claims processed as part of the daily claims reconciliation process.
· Prepares and reviews routine billing reports to ensure timely and accurate billing activity. Refers uncollected balances to appropriate collections/accounts receivable staff for follow up
- High School Diploma or GED
· 1 year related experience
· Professional Billing/Medical Billing experience
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.