University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - Boulder - UCHA Amb Staffing Development
at University Of Colorado Hospital
University of Colo Hospital
UCHA Amb Staffing Development
1st Shift - Days
8 hour shift M-F, potential for Saturdays
Medical Assistant- Amb Staffing Development- Boulder
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
As a Medical Assistant, your primary responsibilities will be to provide technical and skilled assistance in the daily functions of patient care delivery.
This position is for the Ambulatory Staffing Development program that hires all Medical Assistants for outpatient departments. You will be hired initially into the Ambulatory Staffing Development program for orientation and training after which time you are transferred to a specific outpatient clinic to become a full-time member of their staff. You will be responsible for assisting with patient care needs associated with outpatient services. We are looking for individuals who can provide the highest level of customer service in every interaction; going above and beyond is our standard.
- Under the direction and supervision of a provider or nurse, assists with performing patient care.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
- Manages patient flow with proper check in, rooming processes, communication with health care team and patient/family through the discharge process
Requirements- (education, licensures, certification)
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Must be Certified or Registered as a Medical Assistant within 60 days of hire
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
1-2 years of experience as a medical assistant in a clinic setting
Diploma from a formal Medical Assistant program through an accredited school or documentation of a medical assistant program such as military prepared corpsman or medic
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.