University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (Orthopedics) - UCHlthMG L Orthopedics
at University Of Colorado Hospital
UCHealth Medical Group - Lngmnt
UCHlthMG L Orthopedics
1st Shift - Days
UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: afocus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist toimprove the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. AsColorado's largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as a team deliveron the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients andtheir families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedomto live extraordinary lives. A career UCHealth is more than a job, it's apassion.
Performsroutine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area oroffice.
· Under the direction and supervisionof a provider or nurse, assists with performing patient care.
· Performs basic diagnostic proceduresand specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patientcondition. Documents patient care given.
· Maintains equipment and medicalsupplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintainsexamination areas.
· Performs administrative or clericalduties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, andpatient registration.
· High School diploma or GED.
· CMA/RMA required within 60 days ofhire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) HealthcareProvider.
Due to the nature of responsibilitiesfor Medical Assistants within the above stated department, the belowpreferences are requirements for consideration.
· Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership fromAmerican Medical Technologists (AMT),
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership fromAmerican Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membershipfrom National Health career Association (NHA)
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of currentmembership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited institution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of the above certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
Going beyond quality requires theperfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We arelooking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. Wesupport creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinaryqualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power tomake sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to yourpotential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciatesthe rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversitycan offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunityemployer, UCHealth committed to making all employment decisions based on validrequirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms,conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated againstbecause of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, nationalorigin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation,gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with adisability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and willmake reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.