University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - UCHlthMG Occup Health
at University Of Colorado Hospital
Fort Collins, CO
UCHealth Medical Group - North
UCHlthMG Occup Health
1st Shift - Days
M, T, TH, F 8a - 5p
- Contact: Lance Browning
- Email: email@example.com
- High school diploma or GED is required
UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: focus on theindividuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve theextraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as ateam deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for ourpatients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give peoplethe freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career UCHealth is more than a job,it's a passion.
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties insupport of assigned area or office.
· Under thedirection and supervision of a provider or nurse, assists with performingpatient care.
· Performs basicdiagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicateschanges in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
· Maintainsequipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, andtroubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
· Performs administrative or clerical duties asassigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patientregistration.
· High Schooldiploma or GED.
· Basic LifeSupport (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Due to the nature of responsibilities for Medical Assistantswithin the above stated department, the below preferences are requirements forconsideration.
· Active MedicalAssistant registration or certification such as:
· RegisteredMedical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American MedicalTechnologists (AMT),
· CertifiedMedical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from AmericanAssociation of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
· CertifiedClinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from NationalHealth career Association (NHA)
· NationalCertified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership fromNational Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
Completion of a medical assistant program from an accreditedinstitution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of theabove certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent,integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals whorecognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and aremotivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so thateach of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningfulcareer. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array oftalents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer ourinstitution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealthcommitted to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise bediscriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion,gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information orveteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualifiedapplicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans withDisabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do notimpose an undue hardship on the organization.