University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medicine Health Svcs Unit RN FT - Medicine Health Services Unit
at University Of Colorado Hospital
University of Colo Hospital
Medicine Health Services Unit
- Bachelors degree nursing is required
- Licensure Required
- At least 1 year of experience required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary -- Registered Nurse -- Medicine Health Services Unit - University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Flu season is upon us which means increased patient volumes at Denver Metro. It's time to hire lots of nurses! J Effective immediately, direct care RNs who accept an offer by 2/28/19*** at Denver Metro are eligible for a sign on bonus as follows:
$5000 for full time
$2500 for part time
Eligibility is as follows:
- Only applies to Direct Care RNs at UCH only
- PRNs and RN Travelers are not eligible
- Requires a two (2) year commitment. If they leave prior to completing the work commitment, they will have to pay back the full amount (not a prorated amount)
- Must have 1 year of RN experience (please note that any RN experience counts – long term care, correctional med, etc.)
- All inpatient and outpatient direct care RNs are eligible
- RNs who have left UCHealth within the past 12 months are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
- The sign on bonus is taxable
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
- Graduate of an accredited (ACEN or CCNE) Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
- 6 months registered nurse experience.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing. BSN
· Minimum 1 year general nursing experience
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.