University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist - Inpatient - GH Acute Care Rehab
at University Of Colorado Hospital
GH Acute Care Rehab
PRN (FTE must be 0)
1st Shift - Days
No guaranteed days or hours, Days and hours may vary
Greeley is true Colorado living. Nature lover? The 21-mile Poudre River Trail has your name on it and an hour and a half drive to Rocky Mountain National Park beckons. Craft beer fanatic? Even if you aren't, you can become one in Greeley, which boasts 5 craft breweries. Culture enthusiast? Greeley's sprawling live entertainment scene is for you - check out the nearly nightly shows at the Moxi theater. The town is peppered with the eclectic restaurants and coffee shops that are college-town staples, thanks to the presence of The University of Northern Colorado. Events like Neighborhood Nights, the Festival of Trees, and Greeley Bikes all contribute to Greeley's robust community. Roughly an hour drive from Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado and even Cheyenne, Wyoming means Greeley is truly central to everything one could hope for.
Evaluates and treats patent populations for therapy needs. This position will start the beginning of 2019.
Must have at least one year of experience.
- Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition. Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting.
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by therapy assistants according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards.
- Master's degree in Speech Pathology or Communication Disorders.
- Current certification with Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies to practice Speech Pathology required.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.