University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Technologist -Memorial Central-Or Operating Room -D - Or Operating Room
at University Of Colorado Hospital
Colorado Springs, CO
Or Operating Room
1st Shift - Days
Day Shift Monday thru Friday plus on-call
- High school diploma or GED is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures
Summary – Heart Team Surgical Technologist
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures. The Heart Team at Memorial Hospital-Part of University of Colorado Health, is a dynamic group of RNs and CSTs who work in unison with our Heart and Thoracic Surgeons, physician assistants and perfusionists. The Heart Team is trained specifically in high tech and fast paced cardiac and thoracic procedures. The level of expertise and dedication to the CV team is exemplary. Our new cardiac Medical Director for CV surgery has taken the lead in Memorial's Cardiac Program with plans to grow and expand procedures done at Memorial. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of an expanding Cardiac Program that includes TAVRS and an all new Hybrid room.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies
- Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients
- Passes instruments to physician during surgery
- High School diploma or GED
- State Surgical Assistant or Surgical Technologist registration
- Surgical Technologist program
- Preferred: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.