University Of Colorado Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trauma Registrar - PRN - SYS Trauma Supp
at University Of Colorado Hospital
Northern Region Corporate
SYS Trauma Supp
PRN (FTE must be 0)
1st Shift - Days
- Contact: James Lidstone
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school diploma or GED is required
Requisition # 83205
· Trauma Services Department
· Flex hours
· Day shift
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary – Trauma Registrar
Collects, abstracts and reports on data collected from trauma patient medical records.
· Identifies and analyzes the history, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and survival data of trauma patients treated in the organization.
· Analyzes trauma-related documentation/charting for compliance with applicable quality assurance standards, including those of the American College of Surgeons and The Joint Commission.
· Assists the Trauma Program staff with developing criteria for patient care evaluation, collecting data for protocol studies, and conducting audits.
· Complies with all reporting requests and requirements.
· Graduated from an accredited Health Information Management program.
· Registered as a Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.