University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Diversity Recruiter, Office of Human Resources & Inclusive Community
at University of Denver
This role will be responsible for the execution of the University of Denver’s (DU) overall diversity talent sourcing and outreach strategy in support of DU’s hiring strategies for staff and faculty. As an integral part of DU’s recruiting function, the diversity & inclusion sourcing efforts serve as a pipeline of high potential talent into the organization for more engaged employees.
In this role you will partner with the Shared Services Recruiting team, Office of Human Resources & Inclusive Community (HRIC), the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), hiring managers, search committees, and external partners to design and develop strategies to help DU acquire diverse talent. We will also look to you to assist us in consistently developing an overall diverse pipeline of talent for various staff and faculty roles within the University.
The ideal candidate will have passion and experience around diversity talent practices, innovative recruiting strategies, demonstrated ability to provide training and education on diversity hiring best practices, talent acquisition analytics, community outreach and events, and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with talent.
- Develop recruiting strategies & objectives to attract diverse talent. Continually improve & evaluate current and potential diversity recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities and affinity partnerships to increase the ability to source diverse candidates.
- Initiate and determine an engagement strategy for relationships with internal and external constituents that are potential sources of diverse talent.
- Develop strategies to retain top underrepresented staff and faculty.
- Represent DU at diversity-related forums hosted by professional organizations.
- Build effective partnerships with the Shared Services Recruiting team to ensure there is a smooth flow across the diversity recruiting efforts and the recruitment process.
- Improve public relations by establishing DU’s employer brand in diverse communities, such as professional associations, chambers of commerce, and community organizations that support the University recruiting goals.
- Understand and educate hiring supervisors and search committees on current diversity issues and trends as they pertain to recruitment.
- Collaborate with the Shared Services Recruiting team and HRIC to develop and deliver trainings for hiring supervisors and search committees to support the hiring of military veterans and underrepresented candidates.
- Provide the Shared Services Recruiting team, hiring supervisors and search committees with diversity resources to include in job postings, advertising and interviews.
- Collaborate with HRIC, Shared Services Recruiting team and other DU campus personnel connected to inclusive excellence to create robust professional development and mentoring opportunities for historically underrepresented staff, faculty and administrators with a goal of upward mobility.
- Partner with the Shared Services Recruiting team and the Office of Equal Opportunity on the affirmative action plan (AAP) to enhance diversity recruiting plans.
- Determine and communicate a plan for maintaining and tracking the diversity talent pipeline within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Analyze data, create and maintain reports. Research and compile metrics that articulate diversity recruiting trends.
- Work in conjunction with Institutional Research and Analysis to analyze data, create and maintain reports. Research and compile metrics that articulate diversity recruiting trends.
- Represent HRIC on relevant campus-wide committees as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to have cultural competence and behaviors in all interactions.
- Ability to building strong relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to streamline and document diversity recruiting processes.
- Ability to establish diversity candidate pipelines through innovative recruiting and sourcing techniques.
- Knowledge of recruiting/sourcing techniques and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
- 2 years of recent work experience in leading diversity sourcing projects and/or recruiting initiatives.
- 2-3 years of full cycle recruiting work experience.
- Experience managing and reporting data from an applicant tracking system and other human resources information systems.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Relevant certifications specific to diversity & inclusion.
- Coursework specific to diversity & inclusion.
- Affirmative Action Plan knowledge.
- Experience training search committees.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) August 9, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.