Catholic Health Initiatives
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
at Catholic Health Initiatives
- Supervise daily responsibilities of functional team as assigned and handle associated escalated customer service & processing issues. Team may be responsible for:
- Entry of Purchase Order invoices & associated collaboration with Procurement to resolve match variances & other related issues.
- Processing of electronic data interchange (EDI) and other interfaced invoices.
- Statement reconciliation for EDI/GHX vendors
- Resolve EDI/GHX related issues with Procurement, GHX & the Vendors.
- Supervisory responsibilities of non-exempt staff including: recruiting, hiring, arrange training & providing general supervision of staff. Assist Manager with the development and maintenance of appropriate job descriptions for positions in area of responsibility. Ensure timely performance management, coaching & development for positions in area of responsibility.
- Handle the daily flow of work for the assigned team: assist with development of metrics and regularly communicate results to the team and to the Manager and Director. Provide real time direction to assigned team to ensure daily SLA's are met.
- Analyze processes and system data to resolve issues related to EDI, pricing discrepancies, PO build issues & vendor invoice submission issues. Regularly review all processes and resources in assigned area to identify efficiency issues & staffing needs. Work with Manager to develop business cases for presentation to upper management.
- Participate in special projects & provide back up support for Director, Managers, Supervisors & AP Staff as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for Bachelors degree
- Minimum of three to five years of accounting experience with and emphasis in Accounts Payable functions in a high volume AP Processing environment with proven leadership responsibilities. (required). Preferred supervisory experience will include managing lead level positions & non-exempt staff.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable functions obtained through education and/or prior work experience that will include standard AP controls, leading business practices, both internal & external reporting requirements including 1099's, unclaimed property, strong understanding of sales/use tax issues and interdependencies with other areas within the organization.
- Previous call center, EDI/GHX and/or healthcare experience preferred.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.