State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Care Aide II - CNA at Homelake Veterans Center
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
This position is open to current Colorado residents.
The Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) strives to provide the most efficient, effective and elegant services to our customers. Services are elegant when both the provider and the customer feel uplifted by their interaction.
"Daily, our commitment is to be "people who help people"
COLORADO STATE VETERANS COMMUNITY LIVING CENTER – HOMELAKE: The Colorado State Veterans Center at Homelake is a State-owned and operated skilled nursing facility and domiciliary dedicated to serving those who have served us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and to respect and honor resident choices regarding bathing, rising, bedtimes, and other personal decisions. Our philosophy is to provide residents a home where life and love abound. Please click on the link to learn more about the our facility: www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDHS-VetDis/CBON/1251580725162
In addition to a great location and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the state system
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and Dental Health Plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- State of Colorado's Work-Life Employee discount Program offers a variety of discounts on services and products to State employees
- Description of Job
This work unit exists to provide continuous 24-hour care to NH residents requiring skilled nursing services. The goal is to maintain residents at their highest level of functioning and provide quality nursing care.
Job Duties: Daily Nursing Care/Safety/Communication
Perform basic nursing care. Safety of residents and others by use of correct lifting techniques, monitoring the environment and resident whereabouts/activities, use of safety devices such as lifts and side rails, etc. Performs basic resident assessments; records hall sheet data for each shift; implements proper infection control practices via the use of standard precautions. Communicates with others to ensure proper resident care and work completion. Keeps RN's and LPN's informed of findings and changes in resident condition. Maintains therapeutic milieu through appropriate interpersonal skill use, monitoring of environments and assisting residents to maintain rooms and possessions. Maintains resident care and equipment such as cleaning oxygen concentrators, filling portable oxygen tank, maintain/disinfecting tubs and showers, changing lift batteries, etc.
Transports residents for medical appointments, etc. in State vehicles when the need arises. \ Attends educational training and staff meetings to maintain currency on techniques, policies and adequate inter-shift communication. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or GED and
1 year of experience as a CNA
Current, valid nurse aide certification (CNA) from the Colorado Department of Regulatory
Agencies will substitute for the high school diploma or GED.
Current, valid licensure as a Practical Nurse (LPN) from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies or any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact will substitute for the experience requirement.
- Current, valid nurse aide certification is necessary for the position;
- Experience assisting residents with their Assisted Daily Living (ADL) care in a long-term care setting.
- Experience in resident transfers.
- Experience in resident ambulation.
- Experience recording intake and output measurements.
- Experience in assisting residents during meals
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, day, evening, graveyard (night) shifts, weekends, and holidays and back-to-back shift and double shifts as needed. Rotation of 24-hour call for facility needs.
- Must be accessible to immediate telephone communication.
- Must be able to follow prescribed policies and procedures even if they may conflict with "personal" preferences.
- Ability to work with staff and residents of diversity to include social, economic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds in a long term care setting
- Work in a secure facility in locked and unlocked environments.
- Must pass TB test which will be given prior to employment at employer's expense.
- A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed to have direct contact with vulnerable persons. Felony convictions, conviction of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges or convictions, it is your responsibility to provide the CDHS Background Unit with an official disposition of any charges. Additionally, you will be required take and pass a drug screen.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
- Supplemental Information
- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself, this includes completing the job history of the application. Applications left blank, do not include your work history or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered in the minimum qualifications review.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process. Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
Comparative Analysis Process:
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, telephone interview and/or structured interview. Candidates who most closely meet the job requirements will move through successive stages of the process. Applicants will be notified of their status via email following each stage. Please make sure that your email remains up-to-date since all notifications regarding this position will be via email.
For Recruitment questions for this job announcement, please contact Tawni.Albers@state.co.usADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Bridget Clawson Braaten at 303-866-4373 or email@example.com by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627 Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it.
~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~