State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA/Client Care Aide I (Temp Aide) at Bruce McCandless Veteran Community Living Center
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado.
Our Culture & Environment:
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below, CDHS staff are committed to:
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning because Coloradoans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
Bruce McCandless State Veterans Community Living Center is a State-owned and operated skilled-nursing facility dedicated to serving those who have served us. Our Eden Mission is to honor and respect those living and working in our home through companionship, empowerment and individualized care while providing a comfortable and safe place to live.
- Description of Job
CNA/Client Care Aide Is are in training to learn how to perform the duties of the position.
Examples of Essential and Important Duties:
- Perform basic assessments, i.e. vital signs, blood pressure, weight, etc.
- Report any health issues/changes to the supervising nurse
- Provide basic resident activities of daily living care needs
- Taking care of a resident's personal hygiene, including bed, bath, shaving, nail care, etc.
- Assist residents with meals, ambulation, hydration and toileting needs.
- Transporting residents to their appointments using a state vehicle and/or delivering lab specimens.
- Keeping the resident's home environment clean and safe
- Assisting the resident to therapy areas, dining room, activities, etc.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- A high school diploma or GED
- Need to possess a CNA license or have completed an accredited Colorado Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program and receive a license within four months of graduation.
- Current, valid certification as a Nurse Aide (CNA) from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies will substitute for the high school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out assigned resident care based on the residents' conditions; to use judgment and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant resident information.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent resident care situations, seek guidance and direction of the RN and/or Supervisor/DON, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Knowledge of quality standards, procedures, and protocols
- Knowledge of specialized client care applicable to the work situation
- Skill in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to residents.
- Ability to effectively work with an resident population of varying physical, mental and emotional abilities and staff from multiple work units in the facility to achieve quality care planning and delivery
- Possess good verbal, listening and written communication skills with all health care providers, residents, families and multidisciplinary team members.
- Demonstrated ability to display professional conduct at all times when dealing with fellow staff members, residents, families and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Long-term care/nursing home experience is highly desirable
- Effective problem solving skills
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigations and a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check as a condition of employment. Included in the background check is a current and/or previous employer check. Your current and/or previous employers within the past 10 years at a minimum must be listed on your job application (most recent in descending order), even if the job or duties are unrelated to the position for which you are applying. Incomplete employer information (address, phone number, and supervisor) or omission of former employers may result in a disqualification of your application.
- Must pass a Drug Screen, including a screen for marijuana.
- Must pass TB test.
- Must possess a Colorado Driver's License.
- Must maintain a current CPR Card and perform CPR adequate compressions and ventilations per CPR guidelines.
- This position is "Essential Service Designation": you will be required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- This position has shift work: day, evening and night shifts to include holiday and weekends
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Supplemental Information
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
After submitting an application, you should receive an immediate email acknowledging your submission. If you do not get the email, please check to ensure you have actually submitted the application and typed the correct email address on the application.
Include a working email address on your application; one that is checked often as time sensitive correspondence WILL take place via email. You may receive email notifications from a Colorado Department of Human Services employee or from this email address email@example.com It is your responsibility to ensure that your email will accept these notices and/or review your junk mail and spam filtered email; if you do not receive correspondence soon after the closing date, please contact the "Department Contact" listed in this announcement.
The Assessment Process:
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a review of your application material and your responses to any supplemental questions. Applications and responses will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assess and rank applicants in order to establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
Be sure the "Work Experience" section of your application is complete and specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, and accomplishments as they relate to the Description of the Job, Minimum Qualifications, Required Competencies and Preferred Qualifications as listed above. Resumes and "see resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of the "Work Experience" section of the application. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the closing date may result in your application not being accepted and/or may affect your score, rank or inclusion in the final pool of eligible applicants.
SCHEDULED DATES OF POSSIBLE APPLICANT ASSESSMENTS (I.E., EXAMS, ORAL BOARDS, WRITTEN EXAMS) OR INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE MADE UP. IF YOU FAIL TO SHOW AT THE APPOINTED DATE/TIME, MAKE-UPS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
If you have transcripts, a license or other relevant documentation regarding your qualifications, upload and attach copies to your application.
Note: Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
Former employees of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) who were terminated for disciplinary reasons, or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose the information on your application and may not be eligible for employment at CDHS.~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, and a structured interview depending on the number of qualified applicants.
For Recruiting questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Bridget Clawson Braaten at 303-866-4373 or email@example.com by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627 Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it.