State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Labor I-Temporary/Hayden
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
This is a temporary position that will last 9 months or less.
Salary: $14.58 per hour
This position located in Hayden, Colorado.
Application review and interviews will occur as qualified applicants are identified. This position will be filled once a preferred candidate is selected. It is in your interest to apply early.
- Description of Job
- Assists in the maintenance of roadsides by performing vegetation control, tree planting, removal, and trimming operating the following equipment: one-ton truck, tractor with mower, hand mower, brush chipper, tree trimmers, weed eater, chainsaws, wood chipper, other equipment as necessary.
- Provides assistance/information/education/guidance to the public to the public during emergency situations.
- Contributes to an effective team working environment.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff in other CDOT units such as special crews, mechanics, engineering, environmental, transportation systems maintenance and operations and the traffic operations center.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and abides by all safety laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Works with the priority of safety over production for self, co-workers, and the traveling public at all times.
- Work in close proximity to heavy traffic
- Required to use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- A mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn are required.
- A current valid driver's license is required for this position as it requires operating a state or personal motor vehicle to perform one or more essential functions of the position.
If an applicant reaches the finalist stage of the hiring process, the Colorado Department of Transportation may procure a consumer report and/or investigative consumer report on the applicant in connection with his/her application for employment purposes, as defined under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. These reports may be obtained at any time after receipt of the applicant's authorization. As part of the employment screening an applicant will be requested to disclose any differed judgments and convictions as well an explanation of the circumstances around any arrest or conviction. In the event that a screening returns information that the applicant believes is not accurate, he or she will have an opportunity to dispute the information with "Info Cubic".
The report may contain information bearing on the applicant's character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living. The information that may be included in the report includes: social security number trace, criminal records check, public court records checks, education records, and driving records checks. CDOT will only request credit reports insofar as they relate to the position for which the applicant is applying. The information contained in the report will be obtained from private and/or public record sources. The applicant will have the right, upon written request made within a reasonable time after receipt of a notice, to request disclosure of the nature and scope of any investigative consumer report.
- Supplemental Information
How to Apply:
Complete an application online
You may complete an application at:
The CDOT office in Craig between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
260 Ranney St.
Craig, CO 81625
Only complete applications will be given consideration
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application, but may be used to supplement information to the application. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement may result in your application being rejected.
Former employees of the Colorado Department of Transportation System or any other State of Colorado Department or Agency, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on his/her application.