State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Home Administrator- Fitzsimons Veterans Community Living Center
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
A residency waiver has been granted for this announcement. Applications will be considered from residents and non-residents of Colorado.
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401(k) and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- CafeWell employee wellness program
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
*Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more
information, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Our Culture & Environment
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below, CDHS staff are committed to:
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
Office of Community Access and IndependenceCO State Veterans Community Living Center at FitzsimonsOther services include: Long-Term Care, Alzheimer's Care, and End-of-Life Care. Serving veterans, their spouse and eligible "Gold Star" parents. The Veterans Community Living Centers are committed to caring for the whole person by addressing the personal and social needs of each resident, as well as their physical and medical requirements. All staff members of Fitzsimons are committed to providing a life of quality and dignity for every resident.
The Colorado State Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons is located in the Denver Metro area. Fitzsimons is a 180-bed facility providing skilled nursing care and a specialized 21-bed short-term rehabilitation unit. Fitzsimons is one of 8 State Veterans Nursing Homes.
- Honors the service of our veterans and the sacrifices of their families in an environment of dignity and respect
- Create and maintain a extraordinary resident centered atmosphere where quality and process improvement are central to the delivery of care.
- Description of Job
- Description of Job:CDHS and the Division of State Veterans Community Living Centers are seeking a dynamic leader who can effectively manage the operational, clinical, and financial aspects of a State Veteran's Community Living Center, to include 270 employees serving 180 residents in a skilled nursing environment. The Nursing Home Administrator will have responsibility for all clinical, financial, and regulatory outcomes. This position will:
- Provide leadership to staff and management personnel.
- Develop and manage a $5.3 million operating budget
- Maximize admissions to the home by managing census and case mix to budgeted targets, partnering with other facilities and organizations and working with community health providers.
- Ensure the Community Living Center consistently meets or exceeds Medicaid, Medicare, and Veterans Affairs Certification standards.
- Maintain and comply with agency reporting requirements.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- The Colorado Constitution, Article XII, Section 13 requires that applicants for state classified government jobs be residents of Colorado.A Human Resources Specialist will only review the Work Experience section and the Supplemental Questions of the online job application to determine your eligibility of meeting the qualifications for the position that you are applying for. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the official State of Colorado application form, but may be attached. Do not use "see resume" or "see attached" statements on your application.Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in human services, health care, health care administration, business, or related field, AND
- Six (6) years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) professional experience in health care administration in long term care
Substitutions:A combination of work experience as outlined above, which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may be substituted on a year-for year basis for the bachelor's degree.
Additional appropriate education, as outlined above, will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Definition of Professional Experience: Work that involves exercising discretion, analytical skill, judgment, and personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, and sharing an organized body of knowledge that characteristically is uniquely acquired through an intense education or training regimen at a recognized college or university; equivalent to the curriculum requirements for a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in or pertinent to the specialized field; and continuously studied to explore, extend, and use additional discoveries, interpretations, and application and to improve data, materials, equipment, applications and methods.Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nursing Home Administrator's License.
- Must maintain a current BLS certificate
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigations and a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check as a condition of employment. Included in the background check is a current and/or previous employer check. Your current and/or previous employers within the past 10 years at a minimum must be listed on your job application (most recent in descending order), even if the job or duties are unrelated to the position for which you are applying. Incomplete employer information (address, phone number, and supervisor) or omission of former employers may result in a disqualification of your application.
- Must complete TB Test
- Must Pass a Drug Screen.
- Essential Services Designation- required to be on duty to perform essential and/or emergency services of the agency without delay or interruption.
- On-call status is required, must be available to respond in crises or emergency situations.
- Travel- attend required/necessary meetings or trainings
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Former employees of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on your application and may not be eligible for employment at CDHS.
- Supplemental Information
Comparative Analysis Process
The Assessment Process:
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a review of your application material and your responses to any supplemental questions. Applications and responses will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assess and rank applicants in order to establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
Be sure the "Work Experience" section of your application is complete and specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, and accomplishments as they relate to the Description of the Job, Minimum Qualifications, Required Competencies and Preferred Qualifications as listed above. Resumes and "see resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of the "Work Experience" section of the application. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the closing date may result in your application not being accepted and/or may affect your score, rank or inclusion in the final pool of eligible applicants.
If you have transcripts, a license or other relevant documentation regarding your qualifications, upload and attach copies to your application.
Note: Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
If you have recruitment questions about this position please contact email@example.com
"ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Bridget Clawson Braaten at 303-866-4373 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date."
~The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer~