State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-School Supervising Teacher [AHEC-4023]
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
Auraria, one of the most beautiful urban college campuses in the nation, provides exciting opportunities for career development, unique challenges and job satisfaction. Conveniently located in lower downtown Denver, the Auraria campus offers an environment which promotes teamwork, creative thinking and the opportunity to excel. As an added bonus, Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, and outstanding retirement plan. So, if you're interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
- Description of Job
**THIS POSITION IS NON-CLASSIFIED**
This position is located at the Auraria Early Learning Center and provides year-round, high quality child care for the Auraria Campus. The responsibilities of this position include supervising and guiding the children's development; interacting with children and parents; maintaining a positive classroom environment; planning and organizing classroom activities; coordinating and managing the classroom teaching team; working cooperatively with staff members, and supervising and assisting in the training of hourly staff and Assisting Teachers.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology.
- Two (2) years of professional experience working with children in a licensed child care center.
- Recognition as "Director Qualified" by the Division of Child Care, Colorado Department of Human Services may be substituted for the bachelor degree minimum qualification.
- Bachelor's degree which included 3 college credits in Early Childhood Education AND 3 college credits in Introductions to Early Childhood Education or Guidance Strategies may substitute for a bachelor's degree in a field different than those listed as a minimum qualification.
NOTE: No substitution exists for the required two (2) years of professional experience working with children in a licensed child care center.
In addition to the aforementioned qualifications, the following qualifications are preferred and preference will be given to candidates possessing these qualifications)
- Demonstrated success at supervising and guiding children's development.
- Demonstrated competence in classroom management to include guiding behavior in a positive manner and ensuring that all child interaction occurs in a safe and healthy environment.
- Demonstrated competence in planning and preparing for the instruction of children. To include skill at planning and organizing classroom activities; preparing goals and objectives for the program, assessing individual children's needs, interests and abilities.
- Demonstrated initiative and success driving one's own professional growth and development.
- Supplemental Information
This position is non-classified.
Non-classified employees are those employees not within the state personnel system and are overseen by their respective state agencies or institutions of higher education.
These employees are not subject to the rules established by the State Personnel Director or State Personnel Board; instead, each agency or institution is responsible for establishing policies related to the terms and conditions of nonclassified employment.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $2,522.00 per month (30,264.00 annually) with a comprehensive benefit package that includes 21 vacation and 15 sick days per year; medical and dental plans; life, disability and PERA retirement benefits.
Application: To apply, submit a letter of application relating your experience to the required qualifications, the title of the job for which you are applying, a resume, college transcript(s), and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Auraria Higher Education Center
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Position #4023
Denver, CO 80217-3361
OR E-mail your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (303) 556-2448.
A background investigation is required for all positions at Auraria.
A complete job description can be obtained by calling 303-556-3384. For a complete listing of employment opportunities at AHEC, log on to the Human Resources Website at www.ahec.edu/hr.
Note: The Colorado Open Records Act (C.R.S. 24-72-204) requires that an applicant make a written request at the time of application that the application be kept confidential. Applications without such a request for confidentiality are open record and must be disclosed upon request.
THE AURARIA HIGHER EDUCATION CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER