State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
What We Do:
The Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT) strives to impact the lives of all Coloradans to create a safer, happier and healthier state. We work to empower the State of Colorado with flexible technology that will drive sustainable and intelligent business decisions. We envision a future where the end-user experience shapes design, and data analytics transform how state government serves its residents.
Together we enhance the lives of ALL Coloradans.
Be the best public service technology organization innovating today for tomorrow.
At OIT, we recognize that how we deliver is as important as what we deliver. Our core values define our character and guide us in how we interact with one another and our customers. Because it is important that we embody service, integrity, teamwork, respect, innovation, and courage in everything we do, our core values are incorporated into every employee's annual performance plan.
SERVICE: Serving the people of Colorado
We provide value and strive to delight. We seek to understand the needs of our fellow team members, partners, customers, and Coloradans, and then exceed their expectations. We are committed to serving people serving Colorado.
INTEGRITY: Demonstrating credibility and sincerity in our work
We do the right thing in the right way. We communicate with openness, honesty, and authenticity and are accountable for our actions. We deliver on our promises and adhere to an ethical code. We are good citizens in the communities in which we live and work.
TEAMWORK: Collaboratively working together at OIT and across the state
We work together toward a common purpose, having fun along the way. We foster a collaborative, creative, and inclusive culture. We create an empowering environment where everyone can contribute and reach their full potential.
RESPECT: Appreciating and acknowledging the role, diversity, and contribution of those with whom we work.
Our people matter. We value, encourage, reward, and recognize them. We choose to be positive and create meaningful connections every day. We are considerate, helpful, kind, and patient in all situations.
INNOVATION: FOSTERING NEW IDEAS
We foster new ideas. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask, "How can we do this better?" Then we take action and make a difference through novel processes and technology.
COURAGE: Pushing boundaries to foster positive change
We boldly take action on our convictions. We have the moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand difficulty. We are entrepreneurial and embrace change to better ourselves and the people we serve.
Why We Want You:
We want your expertise, positive energy, drive to succeed and love of this great state as we work to elevate the expectations Coloradans have of their government.
What You'll Get From Us:
At OIT you will find an opportunity to contribute meaningful work to support and serve Colorado residents. It's your chance to combine your love of technology with public service. Plus, you'll have great benefits, motivated team members, and opportunities for advancement.
Check out this video to see why our employees love working for the Governor's Office of Information Technology:
- Description of Job
OIT's Senior Human Resources Business Partner (SHRBP) is a "hands on" individual contributor or lead who acts in the role of "trusted advisor" with an assigned client group of leaders and employees to provide strategic and operational day-to-day value added HR services. The SHRBP assists in the development, implementation of HR programs and policies to ensure consistency, fairness and effective use of HR. The SHRBP assesses, anticipates and communicates HR-related needs and develops integrated solutions to meet those needs. The SHRBP serves as the primary point of contact for his/her assigned client group representing all HR functions while leading continuous improvement initiatives. The SHRBP serves as an active member of the HR management team and provides input in building policies, programs and practices.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- HR Consulting- Serve as primary point of contact between HR and the respective client group.
- HR Operations- Provide guidance to management on hiring decisions and related compensation, personal service agreements and/or contingent workforce guidance.
- Organization Development- Coach, support, enable change, and build organization capabilities.
- Employee Relations
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- 8 - 10 years experience as HR Generalist and/or HRBP role.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or a related field required.
- Recent, relevant HR leadership experience.
- Both tactical and strategic experience in one role.
- Strong proactive employee relations background in a professional environment.
- Consulting skills a must, including critical thinking, managing change, dealing with ambiguity and challenging manager decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Willingness to successfully pursue Colorado state personnel certifications.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a matrix environment.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Master's Degree in HR Management
- PHR and/or SPHR certification strongly preferred
- Previous Government Sector Experience
- Supplemental Information
***The Governors Office of Information Technology does NOT offer sponsored Visa's for employment purposes.***
ADA Accommodations: The Governor's Office of Information Technology believes that diversity and inclusion drive our success. OIT is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. In all aspects of the employment process, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. OIT is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to the known disability of qualified individuals to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position in question, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or providing access to its services, programs, and activities, where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, otherwise participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please direct your inquiries to our ADA Coordinator at OIT_HR@state.co.us or call (303) 764-7911.
- Conditions of employment: A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process, and/or other department-specific screens as required. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or conviction of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Some details to be aware of: Former employees of the State of Colorado who have not left in good standing will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Comparative Analysis Process: is the selection process used to identify the applicant that fits the job the best from a qualified applicant pool. Applications and applicants are compared to others in the pool to identify a top group. Applicants will be notified of their status in the pool via email.