State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
Information Technology Services (ITS)
The ITS unit exists to provide comprehensive information technology delivery and support in the form of personnel, desktop and mobile computing, multi-media equipment, hardware, network infrastructure, software, telephone and network cabling services to the University community. This unit is the centralized computing services for the University.
Information Support Services (ISS)
Information Support Services, a division of Information Technology Services (ITS), exists to provide the central administration and support for administrative, academic and web service functions at Colorado State University-Pueblo. ISS consults with the campus community to discover and meet the computing software needs of the University and makes recommendations to facilitate these requests. Provides management, planning, integration and support of effective and efficient business solutions by designing, developing, enhancing, and implementing quality University enterprise information technology systems and customer support services.
This position will assist in central administrative application software development and ongoing support. Includes technical support of campus software and system interfaces with third-party products utilized across campus. Responsibilities include development, testing and troubleshooting software solutions for the Student Information System (SIS) interface. Participation as team member to support student, financial, human resource, Learning Management System (LMS) and other various types of application systems and interfaces.
This position will:
- Have working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and methods with the ability to identify appropriate implementation steps within the project management life cycle.
- Ensure continual innovation by assisting project team with research, investigation and analysis of system requirements.
- Have experience in development, testing, implementing and product support.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical software users, vendors, team members.
- Develop programs and documentation based on system specifications.
- Efficiently troubleshoot to identify and resolve issues.
- Description of Job
- Design/develop efficient, quality applications that meet the user specifications and the standards established. Perform complete design, testing, and gaining user approval for implementation of new and existing system applications. Responsible for development in current programming languages utilized by the University (user interface and job control languages).
- Analysis. Provide information to team and users as necessary. Explain/understand existing system philosophy and functionality; investigate users' concerns and provide explanations, solutions, and/or make decisions on how to correct concerns; recommend to supervisor and team most appropriate or efficient ways of processing data and/or implementation of office procedures to ensure accurate processing.
- Testing/documenting. Conduct module and system testing to ensure accurate results and optimal performance. Test of code at multiple levels of integration. Maintain documentation internal and external (if necessary) to application source code that will best support future maintenance. Maintain notes and documentation in organized manner.
- Implementation. Deployment of quality products. Provide information to team members using developed skills, concepts, and knowledge of systems. Consider effects on entire system resources and general philosophy. Investigates processes to determine most efficient, accurate way to accomplish tasks; recommend enhancements to improve quality of services; attempt to utilize existing applications to accomplish tasks, if possible.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, related to administrative system support, training or special projects.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science, technology support or related field
- Knowledge and/or experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge and/or experience with web standards like HTTP
- Experience implementing 3rd party applications/systems
- Experience with Higher Education software support
- Experience with server side web technologies
- Strong organization and communication skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative as a motivated "self-starter"
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to implement and document systems
- Supplemental Information
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted. Applicants must attach a letter of intent (cover letter); a current resume or CV; an unofficial transcript; and three professional references with contact information to the on-line application. Applications submitted without the required attachments above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications received by 4 p.m. (MDT) on Thursday, August 22, 2019 will be given full consideration.
About Colorado State University-Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU-Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small professor-to-student ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 28 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science and Mathematics, the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Engineering, and Professional Studies and 10 graduate programs.
CSU-Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU-Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly-growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students. The University also seeks to provide a rich and diverse cultural environment that allows freedom of expression within a spirit of civility and mutual respect. The public service expected of all members of our community benefits our society - local and global - and builds our sense of citizenship.
Among its unique features, CSU-Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of Education, Engineering and Professional Studies houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU-Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU-Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU-Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU-Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University-Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Human Resources at (719) 549-2441 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.