State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEMPORARY AIDE--Pipe Mechanical Trades (AHEC-2019-1)
at State of Colorado
Pay: up to $23/hour
$23 - $
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2389357
Overall Job Objective
- Department Information
Auraria, one of the most beautiful urban college campuses in the nation, provides exciting opportunities for career development, unique challenges and job satisfaction. Conveniently located in lower downtown Denver, the Auraria campus offers an environment which promotes teamwork, creative thinking and the opportunity to excel. As an added bonus, Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, and outstanding retirement plan. So, if you're interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
- Description of Job
- This is a paid temporary position with no benefits and will exist for 9 months or less.
This is a part-time position (.70 FTE). Work hours will not exceed 28 hours per week.
This position is located in the Plumbing Shop of the Auraria Higher Education Center's Operations and Services Department.The Plumbing Shop exists to provide daily operations, maintenance and services for campus buildings and structures. The goal of this work unit is to ensure serviceability of campus structures for use by our partner institutions of the Auraria Higher Education Center (Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and University of Colorado--Denver.
As an AHEC Pipe Mechanical Trades Temporary Aide, this position will be responsible for the following:
- GENERAL BUILDING SYSTEM PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE TASKS
- GENERAL BUILDING CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE TASKS
- MINOR HVAC, PLUMBING, AND ELECTRICAL CORRECTIVE AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
Provide daily maintenance and service for general building components and systems for the Auraria Higher Education Center and our partner institutions of Higher Education on the Auraria campus. This is accomplished through scheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and ongoing system repairs and replacements.
The operations and maintenance generalist temporary position is a skilled trade worker, strong communicator, and coordinator of all building maintenance needs specifically for the Student Success Building, Regency Athletic Complex, Hospitality and Hotel Learning Center, Aerospace and Engineering Science Building, Confluence Building and Clear Creek.
The maintenance generalist is responsible for a general maintenance related work in repair, and maintenance of campus building components, fixtures, equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and minor heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) on the Auraria Campus. This position will perform preventative maintenance as scheduled based on manufacturer requirements and maintenance best practices.
On specific tasks, work may involve coordinating with other work units/departments and coordinating the work of other skilled trades' workers. Position makes decisions based upon sound operating and maintenance practices.
This position will also be responsible for management of all work orders associated with the operations and maintenance chargeable buildings on campus as related to electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in general structural trades. The experience listed must demonstrate experience performing minor HVAC and general maintenance activities in commercial settings.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
- All positions with AHEC require a background check. YOU MUST submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony conviction(s) or conviction of a crime(s) of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Submission of your application provides AHEC with authorization to run a background check.
- This position must maintain possession of a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Candidates that have demonstrated experience in multiple areas of structural trades are highly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated competency using tools and equipment used in performing minor HVAC maintenance in a commercial setting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The person selected for this position must maintain his/her ability to perform the physical demands of this position which include physically manipulating and moving tools, equipment and supplies in excess of 25 lbs on a frequent basis as well as 50 to 75 lbs (occasionally).
- The person selected for this position must maintain his/her ability to stand for long periods of time as well as kneel, stoop, crouch, reach and grab in the performance of job related duties.
- Must be willing and able to withstand exposure to sights, sounds and smells associated with general maintenance activities.
- Must be willing and able to be exposed to adverse weather while performing repair and/or maintenance activities to include snow removal duties.
- Must maintain the ability to independently travel using a vehicle in the performance of job-related duties to include maintaining a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- This position is tasked with the responsibility for assisting in the emergency repair when issues or events arise effecting the serviceability of campus buildings and grounds. As such, this position may be required to work hours outside or in excess of his/her typical shift to assist in repair efforts.
- Supplemental Information
- This announcement will remain open until the position is filled.
This position is a day shift position. Actual working hours are flexible. Hours worked per week will not exceed 28 hours.
The State of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer.