State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WRRC - Health Care Services Trainee/CNA
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
- This position is open to Colorado Residents only.
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference; consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer:
- Employee wellness programs
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
Division for Regional Center Operations
Wheat Ridge Regional Center
Our mission is to offer people with disabilities the necessary supports in order to promote the personal values of individual growth, participation, contribution and capability.
Organizational Focus:We provide services to individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities living in Colorado. Admissions are for individuals with complex behavior and medical needs who may pose a risk to themselves or the community. We provide emergency treatment stabilization for people and provide support to the community service delivery system.
- Description of Job
OVERALL FUNCTION OF THE WORK UNIT:
These positions give hands-on direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities. These positions provide people served with opportunities to achieve the highest level of independence in the areas of health, safety, and activities of daily living (eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene). Positions sustain a therapeutic milieu for people served while utilizing sound practices to ensure safety and security of the environment.
Duties will include:
Position provides psychiatric and behavior-based treatment, while assisting those served to reach their maximum level of independence. Some responsibilities include:
- Implement individualized behavior programs for people served
- Assist people with increasing communication, self-help, and social skills
- Coach and mentor people within the context of behavior programs
- Document people's progress through data collection
- Consult with the person's interdisciplinary team for stabilization treatment practices
- Utilize evidence-based practices to increase typical behavior
- Assist people with personal hygiene
- Observe and document changes/reactions to in behavior and health areas
- Respond to crisis in a timely manner taking into consideration the physical and mental well-being of all people
- Utilize The Mandt System to implement de-escalation techniques for people
- Document observations and incidents that occur in the home and community
- Intervene when needed in harmful situations
- Escort and/or transport individuals to appointments and activities
- Provide supervision and support at home and in the community
- Support the creation of a trauma responsive environment through seeking to understand what people have experienced
- Manage the adherence to daily structured programming and leisure activities
- Assisting people with learning objectives
- Assisting people with meal prep
- Assisting people with activities outside of the home
- Role model activities and typical behavior for the people we serve
- Engage families/natural supports as they interface in their community
- Utilize technology to enter required information such as incident reports, behavior data tracking, and personal health information
- Attend and participate in continuing education and training
- Ensure reporting of Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation per mandatory reporting policy
- Actively support CDHS initiatives
- Enforce the established policies, procedures, and normative culture within the facility
Attend training as assigned or required. Perform other job related duties as assigned or required.
All preferred candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities as described below.Skills:
- Customer Service Skills
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Teaching Skills
- Teaching Skills
- Willingness to Learn
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively and with a diverse group of co-workers, individuals, and the general public to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Ability to instruct and guide people with personal care needs
- Ability to serve as a role model
- Ability to be seen as a resource for people and their families
- Ability to assist and support people in achieving treatment plan outcomes
- Ability to recognize emergency/dangerous situations, physically respond to protect self and others, and restrain people only as necessary
- Ability to maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor, even under provocation
- Ability to interact effectively and ethically with people to role-model appropriate behavior
- Ability to demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and problem-solve with minimal supervision while working within policy guidelines and under stressful situations
- Ability to respond appropriately to supervision
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust, and team identity
- Ability to listen to others and responds appropriately
- Exhibits honesty and integrity and refrains from theft-related, dishonest or unethical behavior
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary work attendance history
The Wheat Ridge Regional Center is looking to hire motivated, hard-working individuals in a training position to assume the role of Psychiatric Technician upon licensure. After licensure, candidate will have the responsibility of medication administration. Candidates will be appointed to attend the LPT program in the order of hire. The process takes several months.
Information About the Job:
Upon receipt of their license, employees will have the opportunity to apply for a Health Care Technician position with a starting pay rate of $20.26/hour. Many advancement opportunities exist after LPT licensure.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
**We have requested the last 10 years of your work history to be listed on your application**
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with people who have developmental/intellectual disabilities
- Experience working with people who have mental health diagnoses
- Experience implementing behavior programs
- Experience working in the Health Care Field
- Experience training others in ADL/Life Skills
- Customer Services skills
- Experience implementing and documenting individual care plans
- Flexibility working all shifts (back to back shifts, weekends, nights, holidays)
Conditions of Employment:
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
- State of Colorado Resident
- Valid unrestricted Colorado Driver License
- Must list at least 3 references on the application; may be personal or professional
- Must indicate the most recent 10 years of work history (details must be provided for all gaps in employment)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed to have direct contact with vulnerable persons. Felony convictions, conviction of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges or convictions, it is your responsibility to provide the CDHS Background Unit with an official disposition of any charges.
- Must pass drug screen.
- A Tuberculosis Test (TB) will be required upon hire.
- You must be willing and able to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Former employees of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on your application and may not be eligible for employment at CDHS.
- Must be able to exert force and/or lift patients
- Must demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Questions that are left blank on the application may result in rejection
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
- Supplemental Information
Former employees of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) who were either disciplinarily terminated, resigned in lieu of termination, or who were deemed to have resigned without notice (Board Rule 7-6, Automatic Resignation) are not eligible to work for CDHS. Additionally, any other applicant who was disciplinarily terminated, resigned in lieu of termination or separated from any employment either by way of an automatic resignation or other agreement, must disclose this information on their application.
The eligible list established from this announcement may be used to fill multiple Health Care Service Trainee I positions for Wheat Ridge Regional Center. Current staff who have applied and tested for the Health Care Service Trainee I at WRRC in the past must reapply.
Upon meeting minimum qualifications, the next phase of the exam process may consist of a structured application evaluation against the listed preferred qualifications. Please be aware this structured application evaluation is a passive exam based solely upon the information provided in the work experience/education/preferred qualifications. Therefore, it is imperative that you provide extensive detail in this section of your application.
EMAIL ADDRESS: All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted via email. Please include your current email address on your application that is checked on a regular basis and set up your email to accept messages from 'state.co.us' and neogov.com addresses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.