Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Key Associate - Part Time
at Urban Peak
Key Associate – Part Time
19 - 124
95 – Peak Thrift
Founded in 1988, Urban Peak is the only non-profit organization in Denver that provides a full convergence of services for youth ages 15 through 24 experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of becoming homeless. Our goal is to meet youth where they are and to provide them with the assistance and support they need to become self-sufficient or obtain the necessary services they need to exit a life on the streets. Urban Peak provides numerous programs and services that are founded on the principles of trauma-informed care and Positive Youth Development to assist youth in reaching their potential and living a successful life off of the streets. Services include street outreach, a 40-bed shelter for youth ages 15 through 20, a daytime drop-in center, supportive housing, education and employment services, case management, life skills courses, behavioral health evaluations, meals and more.
The youth served at the shelter come from a variety of backgrounds, and we strive to be a safe community for all youth, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, class, educational background, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ability status.
Under the direction of the Store Managers, Key Associates will be responsible for the following: performing or overseeing daily store operations, including opening and closing functions of the store, collaboration with team members to accomplish daily team goals, role modeling and teaching store tasks, and delivering excellent customer service; contributing to the development, implementation, and communication of business plans that align with Urban Peak’s mission and store brand/marketing strategies; creating a positive work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction and maximizes productivity and profitability; assisting in development of store associates and youth associates through participation in hiring, training, scheduling, and assigning duties to support managers and employees, including supporting Store Managers in case management for youth associates and youth trainees; and ensuring profitability of the business through promotional activities, merchandising, advertising, labor control, and loss prevention.
Key Associates report directly to the Store Managers any issues that may prevent the store or team members from achieving employment-related goals. Key Associates have the responsibilities of securing the store, implementing store safety procedures, and creating a positive and fun work environment to help make Peak Thrift a great place to work and shop. The Key Associates may have driving responsibilities for periodic donation pick-ups, meeting and training attendance, and other as needed/assigned work related duties.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field; or a minimum of 3 years of retail experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with point-of-sale system and cash handling
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills and strong computer skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal
- Ability to appropriately engage with employees and customers
- Ability to interpret all policies and procedures to resolve customer and employee issues
- Experience providing trauma informed care a plus, willingness to adopt this approach is required
- If driving is required, must be insurable as a driver on Urban Peak’s auto liability policy in order to conduct business on behalf of the agency or transport youth using an Urban Peak vehicle and an approved personal vehicle.
- Must pass both federal and state background checks
- Supervisory experience a plus, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required
The job duties of this position are performed personally, in cooperation with your supervisor, and/or in coordination with other staff. Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Carries out daily store operations; opens and closes store
- Ensures safety procedures are followed and carried out by team members daily
- Helps onboard team members by acting as a mentor to new associates after initial onboarding
- Oversees daily task list to ensure completion; documents issues and events that need to be communicated with other team members
- Expedites important team member issues or concerns directly to Store Managers
- Role models and assists team members with store operations including sorting, tagging, pricing, customer service, merchandising, and loss prevention procedures
- Assists other staff in maintaining a safe and clean facility, including informing Store Managers of facility issues, potential hazards, and supply and equipment needs
- Assists new staff and volunteers with store processes and procedures
- Communicates any issues or concerns with other team members to the Store Managers
- Works with other staff as a member of the Urban Peak team to facilitate youths’ personal growth
- Cooperates and participates with appropriate community organizations
Marketing & Branding
- Maintains brand standards through regular visual merchandising, displays, and stock rotation
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service on the sales floor
- Trains employees to model customer service and selling behaviors
- Holds staff accountable for meeting daily objectives
- Drives sales through creative strategies - promotions, event planning, social media, and advertising
- Performs cash operations including register operation, drawer reconciliation, and deposit preparation
- Controls store profit and loss through loss prevention and inventory movement, and maintains awareness of labor needs
- Runs daily and other periodic reports for Finance department
- Effectively supervises store associates, youth associates, and youth trainees and provides, by example and leadership, motivation and direction to employees of the organization
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal employment laws
- Responsibilities may include: participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Helps set the tone of the workplace to ensure morale and teamwork; makes sure that the positive employment culture of the organization is maintained
- Regularly meets with Store Managers and other Key Associates to discuss store operations, objectives, planning, and needs
Case Management Support
- Assists Store Managers in carrying out action plans for youth participants, remaining sensitive to the objective of supporting each youth in social, emotional, and intellectual development
- Immediately informs Store Managers of barriers or potential barriers to youth achieving their goals
- Participates in or provides input for weekly meetings with youth participants to review progress towards action plan objectives and/or revise plans
- Participates in or provides input for client reviews and teamings with persons involved with youth
- Understands the principles of trauma informed care and positive youth development
- Observes confidentiality when handling sensitive information pertaining to youth, both within and outside of the organization
This is a part time position. The typical work schedule is TBD. This position may require some weekends and/or evenings to support and attend Urban Peak events.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The starting salary for this position is 15.04 per hour. Our benefits package includes life, disability, medical & dental insurance, 403(b) plan, paid time off, sick time bereavement time, jury duty, holidays and a RTD Eco Pass.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional and/or academic references to:
ATTN: Human Resources
730 21st Street
Denver, CO 80205
Fax: (303) 295-6116
All attachments should be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or portal document format (.pdf). In the subject field of the email include the job number, job title, and your first and last name. (Example: 012345 – HR Specialist – Doe, Jane).
This position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Due to limited staffing resources we are unable to respond to phone inquiries, including calls to check on the status of a submitted application. Applicants will only be contacted if selected for an interview. This job announcement is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Urban Peak is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse pool of applicants.