Eagle County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - General Posting
at Eagle County Schools
We are also looking to hire cooks available to work on an as needed basis.
Current position(s) available:
HPS Cook - 25 hours per week
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Prepare and cook the food in appropriate quantities according to the School Lunch menu and serve students in an efficient manner.
SUPERVISED BY: Nutritional Services Director
MANAGED BY: Cafeteria Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Maintain high standard of sanitation in all practices at work, including food handling and storage, according to department policy and state and local health department manuals.
2. Maintain a healthy and attractive kitchen and lunch room environment (maintain cleaned kitchen, sweep, mop, trash removal etc.).
3. Measure, weigh and combine ingredients for quality preparation of soups, entrees, casseroles, vegetables, desserts, meats and other items indicated on school lunch program menu, using established recipes approved by Colorado Department of Education and USDA.
4. Take the food temperatures in order to determine if the temperatures have reached the established minimum microbiological safe internal temperatures.
5. Ensure the menu is in compliance with the directives from the Nutritional Services Director and Colorado Department of Education.
6. Regulate portions consistent with standards/directives set by the National School Lunch Program.
7. Organize work and plan daily production schedules to ensure food is ready for service at the designated times without waste especially in the absence of the cafeteria manager.
8. Operate the computerized cashiering point-of-sale system in the absence of the cafeteria manager.
9. Make recipe adjustments, with assistance, while maintaining quality.
10. Participate in collecting accurate data in compliance with the National School Lunch Program and/or requested by the Food Service Director/Board of Education, (i.e. – menu worksheets, meal counts.
11. Meet the demands of the food service operation with flexible work schedule and location.
12. Operate clean and maintain a variety of manual and/or automated kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills, toasters, food processors, slicers, dishwasher and steamers.
13. Lift and carry boxes to appropriate shelves when the orders come in. We get two weeks of orders in at a time.
14. Must have the ability to be cost effective with the use of supplies/products and serving containers. (Things such as plastic and trash bags, paper and plastic containers).
15. Wash, dry, fold and put away soiled towels and aprons.
16. Ability to multi-task under serious time constraints.
17. Acts friendly and tactful to all customers (students, teachers, parents and co-workers) in all situations of communication on a consistent basis.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
School staff and students
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 6 months experience working with large quantities of food.
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to read, write, understand and follow written and verbal calculations as normally acquired through completion of high school diploma/GED.
5. Ability to operate a computer.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Nutritional Services Operations Manager|
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)