Valley View Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Security Official
at Valley View Hospital
Information Security Official
The Information Security Official is responsible for the administration of the Valley View Hospital Association’s (“Valley View”) comprehensive information security program. This includes the review, evaluation and implementation of controls to reduce the overall risks associated with Valley View's electronic data, electronic data recovery and computer systems maintained by Valley View as well as investigating potential security breaches. The Information Security Official also proposes, drafts, and maintains all documented security policies and procedures designed to mitigate such risks. The Information Security Officialwill be responsible for ensuring the organization's assets meet or exceed the organization standards, adhere to regulatory requirements, and that risks are managed, tracked, and remediated according to the organization's policies and standards. Collaboration and teamwork across business and IT organizations is key to the success of this individual. This position assumes additional responsibilities as may be determined by the Chief Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent education required
- Education and experience relative to the size and scope of this organization
- Minimum three years of information security work experience required, with both public and private sector preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a health care setting, consensus driven organization is required, as are demonstrated personnel and information security program management skills
- A working knowledge of all aspects of information security is essential, as is the ability to apply this knowledge in an open network environment
- Professional certification, e.g. CISSP. CISA is desirable
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated effectiveness with consensus building, policy development and verbal and written communication skill
- In-depth understanding of network and system security technology and practices across all major-computing areas (mainframe, client/server, PC/LAN, telephony) with a special emphasis on internet related technology
- High level of integrity and trust
- Knowledge of Information, state and federal guidelines on information transactions and secuirty.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all hardware and software applications applicable to this organization
- Specific experiences in the health care industry
- Extensive familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient privacy
- Demonstrated successful project management expertise
- Thorough working knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff, colleagues, and physicians
- Strong interviewing skills required (Security Risk Assessment for New Products)
- Proficient in designing and producing high quality reports and presentations
- Ability and desire to function collaboratively as a team as well as an individual contributor.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to process, review and triage multiple demands, with the ability to shift priorities as needed
- Committed to accountability, hard work, process improvement, and excellence