Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Engineer CO
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for utilizing industry knowledge to assist in the formulation of a business plan for new products; working closely with cross-functional teams to develop product pricing and forecasts; resolving product related problems; conducting technical competitive analysis; coordinating development of product and testing measurements; developing and writing product technical specification, requirements, assembly, operating, and service instructions; preparing installation manuals and technical data sheets; creating and maintaining records, product drawings, files, technical data, and reports associated with designated product line(s); providing support and materials to various departments as needed; monitoring and coordinating innovation process; providing technical training; preparing detailed product development specifications; maintaining and updating records, files, technical and competitive data and reports; and maintaining document listings on Intranet web-site.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
• Utilizes industry knowledge to assist in the formulation of a business plan for new products.
• Supports Product Manager in competitive pricing analyses.
• Coordinates and manages special application requests.
• Evaluates and resolves product related problems.
Research and Develop New and Existing Products
• Conducts technical competitive analysis including researching industry competition for both new and existing products; tests and evaluates competitive product, technologies, and applications.
• Uses innovative and effective testing measures to determine product usability.
• Coordinates development of product and test results with Technical Marketing and Germany counterparts.
• Conducts technical marketing research for industry market evaluation.
• Tests products and applications to ensure they are consistent with high quality standards and innovation image in the marketplace.
• Investigates and analyzes new and existing product and application issues to determine appropriate changes/corrections needed to rectify the issue; communicates changes with appropriate personnel.
Technical Documentation Development
• Develops and writes product technical specifications, requirements, assembly, operating, and service instructions; tests data and systems to ensure accuracy. • Prepares installation manuals, and technical data sheets.
• Creates and maintains all necessary records, product drawings, files, technical data, and reports associated with designated product line(s).
• Revises and updates technical manuals to conform to marketing, engineering, and product changes; ensures proper follow-up with appropriate personnel/department to inform of such changes.
• Compiles and maintains files associated with technical market data, illustrations, and other pertinent literature having to do with the designated product line(s) and applications.
• Supports implementation of product plans.
• Monitors and coordinates innovation process (IVP).
• Coordinates, manages and maintains up to date documentation of new and existing product listings with agencies.
Technical Training and Support
• Provides sales support including conducting on-site technical training sessions, webinars, and technical documents; serves as a technical expert to resolve customers’ technical issues with the designated product line.
• Provides marketing support including assisting with trade show construction; marketing materials, pricing reviews and product availability for Product Catalog, and participates with trade shows as needed.
• Assists Product and Training Manager in developing comprehensive, technical content for product training materials.
• Delivers professional product presentations, utilizing product samples and PowerPoint slides, to various individuals, including but not limited to cross-functional teams, architects, wholesale distributors, builders, developers, facility engineers, plant managers, code officials, educators, contractors, etc. in order to advance market growth and product development.
• Provides support in determining codes and standard requirements. Reporting and Data Maintenance
• Prepares detailed product development specifications.
• Maintains and updates all necessary records, files, technical and competitive data and reports.
• Maintains and updates document listings on Intranet web-site.
• Creates and maintains product spreadsheets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Paint Shop and SAP
• Knowledge of product documentation, Bill of Materials (BOM's), datasheets, etc.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of materials, engineering theory and principles of design
• Strong analytical and mechanical aptitude skills
• Strong ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
• Ability to give professional presentations geared toward specific audiences
• Strong ability to use common measurement tools and techniques
• Ability to document test procedures and results
• Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions
• Ability to work in a team driven environment
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
• Will be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree OR Master Plumber OR
• 10 years of related Engineering Experience
Leading the global industry in press pipe fitting technology for industrial, commercial and residential projects, Viega is a respected innovator, manufacturer, and distributor of plumbing, heating, and pipe joining systems solutions. Building on a reputation for international success that is more than a century in the making, we are on the lookout for hardworking, results-driven professionals to join our growing team.
From business development and operations to skilled labor, engineering, and finance, our team welcomes a wide range of professionals who are ready to work hard and reap the rewards of a job well done. Across the board and around the world, our associates enjoy a wealth of benefits and incentives including highly competitive compensation, comprehensive training, continuous professional development support, and numerous work/life balance opportunities.
Do you have the skills to succeed and the motivation to make it happen? We look forward to hearing from you! Be sure to check out our full list of opportunities and join the Viega Talent Network today to stay up-to-date on future openings that match your unique skills and interests.
What is a Talent Network?