Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior PHP Developer
Our client is an industry leader in second screen technology, software that eliminates boredom and translates live meetings into dynamic experiences. They are looking for a PHP developer to help us build an intuitive, well documented, and well unit tested API to expose to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for experimentation and constant improvement. This includes someone with strong knowledge and adherence to software best practices that is excited to participate in code reviews, teach other members of the team, and try out new things. They are also looking for a team player that recognizes the importance of working outside of their comfort zone when needed to best benefits the team.
Their team is constantly looking for ways to improve our stack and processes, doing things such as implementing continuous deployment and containerizing our new product, with designs on more improvements every day. If you want to work with a great team of developers dedicated to developing best in breed software, this is the position for you!
- Work with our frontend development team, to maintain and enhance our RESTful API to support application development
- Create documentation to support the use of our API by both our team and our clients
- Develop automated tests to ensure code quality of all backend code on our system
- Maintain and expand our OAuth2 Server to ensure secure communication and solid permissions structure
- Work with our DBA to identify and improve slow database calls to ensure system performance
- Other duties as required
Compensation & Environment
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account program
- 401k w/ Safe Harbor and Profit Sharing contributions
- 10 paid holidays
- 13 days PTO thru 3rd year, then 18 days thereafter
- Flexible schedule
- Team-oriented, fun, relaxed and casual work environment
- Weekly physical fitness team training
- Exercise room
A Company for Top Producers
VincentBenjamin is a leading provider of professional recruiting services for staff through executive level positions. As experts in the placement of high caliber professionals on a contract and direct hire basis, we offer a proactive and solution-driven response to clients and candidates seeking specialized assistance within multiple disciplines. We’re currently seeking experienced professionals interested in dynamic project or permanent career opportunities.
Our recruiting team is composed of professionals from the industry they serve, who understand the needs of our client’s business. With four offices in three states, our team has assisted hundreds of firms in securing professionals at all levels in Accounting & Finance, Information Technology, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources Administration & Operations and Financial Services.
We pride ourselves with our high ethical standards and we focus on long-term relationships rather than placements, striving for the optimum match of talent, personality, culture and goals. Our uncompromising commitment to professionalism and ability to communicate effectively with both our clients and candidates ensures that we consistently deliver the best qualified candidates for the right role.
Since our establishment, we have been passionately committed to attracting and retaining only the strongest performers in the industry for our clients and our team. If you’d like to learn more, join our Talent Network to learn about our current career opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
- Knowledge of MVC Architecture, the reasoning, and the best practices for working with it
- Hands-on experience in database development and maintenance using SQL (Including query optimization)
- Experience in system integration using JSON, PHP and RESTful web services
- Experience with backend optimization and caching
- In Depth knowledge of distributed version control systems, preferably Git
- Comfortable collaborating to find a solution and distributing work.
- Experience with issue tracking systems (particularly JIRA)
- Familiarity with creating automated tests (especially using PHPUnit)
- Experience with a CI/CD tool like Gitlab, Travis, or Jenkins
- Experience versioning databases using migrate and rollback scripts
- Experience with developing or optimizing sites for mobile devices
- Experience with Linux, preferably CentOS
- Experience working in a containerized environment
- Experience interacting with websockets
- Experience working with OAuth2 authentication