Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Nursing- Cambridge Care
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Are you committed to following through on your commitments to others?
- Do you get excited about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you naturally have high energy and connect well with people?
- Does being responsible for daily operations and decision making excite you?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct overall operation of our Nursing Service Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Personnel Duties: 60% time
- Determine the staffing needs
- Recommend the number and level of nursing personnel to be employed
- Assist in calculating the number of direct nursing personnel care on duty each shift
- Develop work assignments and schedule duty hours
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments
Program/Development Duties: 25% time
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care
- Ensure that all nursing assistants are enrolled in or have graduated from an approved training program
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicated the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care
- Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service meetings
Administrative Support Duties: 15%time
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel
- Ensure that disciplinary action is administered fairly
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Prepare and plan the nursing service department’s budget and submit to the Administrator
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility; must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
License: Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer