Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Care Director
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
Memory Care Director
- Do you enjoy leading a team among industry leaders?
- Are you a Leader who enjoys autonomy to create initiatives with strong support and resources?
- Can you provide consistent support to the people and operations of a community?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to manage all facets of service to address resident care needs. The Memory Care Director assists in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling staff members. The Memory Care Director monitors resident care needs, alerts the nurses when the resident has a change of condition, audits the medication administration program to assure accuracy and completeness, addresses resident and family concerns, coordinates resident special requests and acts as a liaison with community providers. The Memory Care Director is responsible to assure that daily programs/life enrichment activities are scheduled and conducted in a manner that reflects the resident’s capabilities and interests. The Memory Care Director manages services from dietary, maintenance and housekeeping departments in the Memory Care Neighborhood and assists with maintaining the budgeted occupancy/census for the unit following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The position is an unarmed security position.
- Monitor and assure resident care needs are addressed. Alert the nurses or resident’s health care provider when the resident has a change of medical condition.
- Conduct weekly meetings. Assure input from care partners and complete care plan review notes in the resident’s medical chart.
- Check the care plans regularly for specific resident’s needs. Assure follow through with the services as described in the care plan. Report any discrepancies to the Appropriate Department.
- Establish a monitoring process for "at risk" residents and assure follow up charting.
- Assure incident reports are completed and presented for follow up with the nurses and/or the NHA within 48 hours.
- Review behavior tracking daily. Document findings providing a copy to DON and NHA.
- Responsible for conducting all facets of the new resident move in process. Conduct initial comprehensive care plans and MDS’s, assure initial resident paperwork and physician orders are on hand. Communicate to all care partners the new residents needs and preferences. Assure the Kitchen staff has been informed of food preferences/allergies or special dietary needs prior to resident’s arrival for the first mealtime.
- Assure resident specific activity interest/ability assessment is conducted and included in the care plan.
- Conduct with the Activities Director monthly trainings to Memory Care Neighborhood staff on life enrichment programs/options.
- Conduct/coordinate the delivery of ongoing support groups for resident family members.
- Responsible to conduct Memory Care Neighborhood tours for prospective residents and family members, as needed.
- Conducts community outreach visits, as needed.
- Responsible to monitor employee hours worked and staffing patterns to assure the Memory Care Neighborhood remains within projected budget.
- Monitor weekly the declining balance sheets to assure the Memory Care Neighborhood needs are met, as needed.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and training of all staff members in the Special Care Unit.
- Conduct and coordinate training and orientation of all staff members including dietary, maintenance, housekeeping personnel in the Memory Care Neighborhood.
- Counsel care partners - assists with disciplinary action by oral and written communications, and file all oral and written communications in Personnel File,
- Evaluate care partners with annual care partners performance evaluation for line staff and submit to NHA or DON for final review prior to presentation.
- Assist NHA with staff terminations in collaboration with DON.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Understanding of standard techniques used in providing personal services for resident in caring for equipment and supplies.
- Good understanding of basis of asepsis and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Must be aware of the assessment process, and the development and execution of care plans.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be a supportive team member
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be able to communicate and function in and interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent people skills and organizational skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two (2) years of health related experience or 2 years of college education specific to health and/or senior care.
- Alzheimer’s certification, gerontology, or social services degree preferred.