Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Float Team/On Call)
at Volunteers of America
The Volunteers of America Colorado Float Team is a team of experienced professionals that assist at Laurel Manor Care Center in Colorado Springs. As a PRN Licensed Practical Nurse with Volunteers of America CO Float Team, you will enjoy ultimate flexibility and work as little as 4 shifts per month or full time hours, it is YOUR choice. One (1) year of experience is required.
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices of Agency and the particular institution in which the LPN is performing his/her duties. The LPN is qualified by education, training, experience and demonstrated abilities to give nursing care under the direction of a RN and to have the knowledge of the principles of psychological, biological and social sciences.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice.
2. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
3. Ability to prioritize duties.
4. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
5. Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
6. Must posses the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
7. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.