Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dietitian (Float Team/On Call)
at Volunteers of America
The Volunteers of America Colorado Float Team is a team of experienced professionals that assist in the facilities that we serve, such as the Senior Community Care Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), Horizons Health Care Center, Valley Manor Care Center, the Homestead at Montrose, and Home Health of Western Colorado.
As a PRN Registered Dietitian, you will enjoy ultimate flexibility and choose your own schedule. One (1) year of experience is required.
OBJECTIVE: To assist in providing quality, nutritional food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Minimum of one year clinical nutrition experience in a geriatric healthcare setting.
- Verbal and writing abilities necessary to communicate work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public, required documentation in medical records.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in calculating diet patterns, tube feeds, nutritional requirements and assisting the Director of Dietary in his/her responsibilities.
- Ability to apply principles of personnel administration to assist the Director of Dietary in his/her responsibilities.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours to attend special family conferences or meetings.
- Stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day. Visual acuity for reviewing medical records and completing forms. Color discrimination in evaluating appearance of prepared food and attractiveness of meal trays. Taste and smell discrimination in evaluating palatability of prepared food.
- Exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, dishwashing and food preparation areas.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.