Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor (PACE)
at Volunteers of America
The Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the implementation of therapy and activities for participants tailored to the needs and limitations of frail elderly. Provides one-on-one assistance with participants or preparing for upcoming activities. Assist with planning social, therapeutic and leisure programs.
- Leads and/or assists in large groups, small group's 1:1's and individual therapy/activities (exercise, arts and crafts, games, reminiscing, sensory, etc.).
- Assists Therapeutic Recreation Manager in assessing and reassessing participants' functional status in relationship to participation in recreational activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of recreational activities that meet the interests, needs and capabilities of participants under the supervision of Therapeutic Recreation Manager.
- Encourages participant involvement in recreation opportunities and provides necessary support. Provide a positive, supportive atmosphere during TR/RT sessions and activities.
- Supervises volunteer involvement in TR/RT programs and activities as assigned.
- Assists in the organizing of special events, outings as assigned.
- Assists Day Center staff as directed by Therapeutic Recreation Manager, such as lunch service and arrival of participants as appropriate.
Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
Must have a valid driver's license and have means of transportation.
Education: Completion of a two year associates degree program in TR that includes a supervised internship. Licensed by the Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure as a Recreational Therapist or Recreational Therapist Assistant preferred.
Experience: Must have one year's experience working with the frail or elderly population. One year's experience of providing therapeutic programming to frail or elderly populations preferred (internship included).
Must be able to pass Background Check and Drug Screen.