Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Hidden (18286)
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
A Program Manager oversees commercial and technical delivery of multisystem project. Systems include, train control, dispatch systems, onboard systems, Positive Train Control, Communication systems, SCADA, etc.
A Program Manager works in a range of positions ranging from project management, contract management to technical lead. Project management duties include planning and managing project execution, ensuring timely delivery, within budget, adhering to customer and industry standards and specifications, while adhering to Xorail’s quality standards. Furthermore, the Program Manager oversees and manages the contractual obligations of such projects. Finally, the position requires a technical oversight of the various engineering tasks with a focus on delivering a totally integrated system utilizing various Xorail engineering resources in addition to sub consultants.
- Project scope management
- Writing technical proposals
- Development of technical specifications
- Issuance of RFI
- Engineering lead for the design of various subsystems
- Identify project resource requirements
- Project cost estimating
- Attend regular meetings with resources and client to ensure project progress and scope management
- Lead conference calls to discuss project status and action plans or to discuss team performance
- Prepare high-quality written reports and presentations for management and customer review
- Lead the management of projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed Xorail standards of quality
- Travel to meet suppliers, customers, and colleagues based in other offices
- Negotiate product requirements with customers
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues and to other teams
- Re-writing or modifying processes to ensure all aspects of the service run smoothly and to schedule
- Preferred BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in Project/Program Management
- 10 years experience in railway system engineering (Signals, Communications, On Board)
- Proven experience in managerial and technical communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent computer skills
Working Conditions: Office environment with some travel to site locations throughout the U.S and abroad. Office will be in Albuquerque, NM; reporting to Denver, CO group.
Must be able to access construction sites, work along railways, and access railway tunnels and bridges.
FLSA Status & Hours: Non-Exempt, 40-hour work week, subject to extended and weekend hours.
Note: This may not fully identify or describe all of the job functions or requirements for this position.
Minimum Core Competencies:
- Road Worker Protection – Annual Certification
- e-RAILSAFE System Contractor
- Valid Driver License