Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Liaison - Colorado Springs, CO
The position(s) described here are for Walgreens Infusions Services, a former subsidiary of Walgreens Co. (“Walgreens”). Walgreens Infusion Services became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company
Job Duties Include:
Assures proper placement of patients within the Home Health Care setting by gathering preadmission information, to assist in better communication of information about the patient to all disciplines, and oversees the patient’s transition to home care. The Clinical Liaison is an experienced clinician who educates patients, their families and the facility staff about the services and products provided by Walgreens.
Interacts with area service providers on a daily basis to conduct assessment of patients selected by the hospital for care and who have been referred to Walgreens. Serves as a point of contact, coordination, and communication with other providers. Provides oversight to the providers regarding the patient and proper assessment and treatment processes. Provides continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatment through ongoing assessment of the patient resulting in modification of the treatment plan as necessary. Communicates timely with the discharge planner/social worker to coordinate needed Home Care services on patients that have been referred to Walgreens. Determines for patients referred to Walgreens initial level of care and services ordered and assesses the need for additional services. Maintains relationships with referral sources and serves/acts as a liaison between the hospital and Home Care setting.
Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patients, and family. Works in collaboration with the patient and his/her family members or caregivers to implement an effective treatment plan, explaining the available options to providers, including advantages and disadvantages. Reviews the patient’s medical record to obtain primary and secondary insurance payor information, and relays this to the intake department. Notifies Clinical Managers of discharges in a timely manner. Makes arrangements for any special medical supplies or appliances to be available. Effectively Communicates with Marketing Staff and Development of Educational and promotional programs. Maintains Confidentiality of patient and proprietary information. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Participates in the nursing department on-call responsibilities.
- Licensed Nurse in the state of practice and at least 2 years of experience in the Home Care setting.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Home Care setting.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Experience applying knowledge of standards of practice for all services offered as well as current Joint Commission Standards.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in a health care field.
- Required certification in specialty such as CRNI.