Wastren Advantage Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wastren Advantage Inc
- # of Openings
The RMDC Clerk collects, maintains, and distributes all records in all format and documents as required. Maintains a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be
retained in the records management center. Conducts the operation of the records management center to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Processes Active Records, which includes determining and stamping records with the appropriate markings, checking for accuracy and completeness, attributing in Documentum for tracking purposes, labeling, and filing
- Processes Inactive Records, which includes determining and stamping records with the Appropriate markings, checking for accuracy and completeness, sorting, indexing,
- Assigns document numbers
- Creates document covers and spines (includes verification of classification and Classification Officer's signature)
- Responds to customer requests for documents (includes researching, retrieving, providing copy of document either with hard copy or electronic copy, and verification of Classification with the stamping of appropriate markings on the document)
- Assists the Records Manager with the disposition of records, including disposal of records or shipping records to the appropriate Records Center
- Provides input for the development of departmental procedures as needed.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting Co-workers of such requirements as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to get along with co-workers, customers and visitors
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to sit for part of the day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive
- Some flexibility is expected during position’s core work hours
- Overtime may be required as job demands
Education & Certifications:
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent plus at least three years of related work experience. Associate's degree preferred. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, including the creation and modification of PDF documents.
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience with document control and tracking systems, issuing transmittals and delinquency notices, issuance of document identification numbers, document cover creation, and the shipment of records as required is preferred
- The ability to use Documentum or equivalent document management system will be considered a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance
Instruction and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to make mathematical calculations with reasonable speed and accuracy
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Typing skills and the ability to operate an office copier, fax, telephone, and computer are required